EHD Transfer Error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHD Transfer Error

KachinaShadow
Camera Crew
Hooked up a WD MyBook 2TB drive (Device 2) two days ago. Today I tried to transfer 4 different events from Device 1 back to the Hopper and then from the Hopper to Device 2. Transferring from Device 1 to the Hopper worked fine but when trying to transfer the same 4 events from the Hopper to Device 2 (either all at once or one at a time) I get the message "An Error Occurred While Transferring Events To Your External Device 2".

Here's the kicker...when I transfer any events which were originally saved to the Hopper only, and had never been on Device 1, those events transfer to Device 2 just fine. Also note that the 4 events which I initially transferred from Device 1 to the Hopper had no issues what so ever when I transferred them back to where they came from, which was Device 1.
5 Replies

Re: EHD Transfer Error

Chadt41411
Casting Director
What channels are they from. May well be a DRM issue. NBCU channels and premium channels are notorious for that.

KachinaShadow
Camera Crew
2 are premium, 2 are AXS...the one that did transfer (was never on EHD...Hopper only) was premium. Going to screw with it more tomorrow with different events/channels.

DISH Employee
What is the error message number that came up on the screen? What is your Hopper's Software Version? Did you try to reset the Hopper with the EHD connected to see if it allow for the EHD to work?

KachinaShadow
Camera Crew
Hi Mike...Error code is 855...Software S622 NACB

This morning I unplugged everything (Hopper & both EHD's) for about 10 minutes then tried transferring an event from Device 1 to Hopper and then from Hopper to Device 2 and received Error Code 855. Then I transferred an event, which had never been on Device 1, from Hopper to Device 2 with no issues.

Here's the odd thing...the recording that I had transferred from Device 1 to the Hopper 3 days ago which, at the time, would not transfer to Device 2 (Error Code 855), I decided to try again this morning after the reboot and it transferred with no issues. So it looks like that event being on the Hopper either for a period of time or just being there during the reboot changed whatever had prevented it from transferring to Device 2 immediately after transferring it from Device 1 to the Hopper.

Thanks for your help

DISH Employee
I want to try to get the "Push" through for the Hopper 3 to see if it will connect to allow for transfers. Please make sure the EHD is connected and I will need you to PM me with the phone number so I can start the testing.