EHD Questions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHD Questions

amwoolf
Camera Crew
I have a VIP722k and VIP 612 receivers and am thinking of upgrading to a Hopper 3 with a Joey. Can I connect an EHD to the 722k and move my movies, etc onto that drive and then also connect the EHD to the 612 receiver and move that content onto the EHD so all my programs from both receivers are on the single EHD? And then connect this to the Hopper 3 with Joey to view all content from 2 tvs?

Also, what EHD is recommended. Last info I saw was max 2TB drive, USB2.0 port, and external power connector. It looks like it is getting harder to find 2TB drives and most are now USB3. What are people using today?

Thanks!
4 Replies

Re: EHD Questions

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Yes, I've used the same EHD's with 722 & all 3 Hoppers, no issues with transferring recordings. Mine are from several manufacturers & all have worked well.

amwoolf
Camera Crew
can you pls advise manufacturer and model of your EHDs? thanks

smorganl
Extra
Ok, I have an EHD question not related to the previous posts. I hope this a good place to get to the DIRT team for some help?

I have a Hopper with Sling and a Super Joey. For years now I have had 2 WD Mybooks EHDs connected with no issues. I recently upgraded the OS to the new Hopper software version and now the Hopper no longer sees the 2nd drive. It sees the #1 drive flawlessly, but it wants to reformat #2. I have tried reboots - Pushbutton, unplugging the Hopper - swapping USB ports, and making the questionable EHD the only drive. No joy. The Hopper simply refuses to see the data on this drive (other than for reformatting purposes). I have looked here and over at the SatelliteGuys and, sadly, don't see anybody with a similar issue or a solution. I don't know what else to do.

As I have the "missing" drive about 3/4 full - and, of course, with a bunch of stuff that we can't re-record from anywhere - I really don't want to simply trash the drive by reformatting.

Can anybody tell me how I can get the new software to see my drive, or how I can get the data off somewhere, reformat and get the data back on the drive.

On an unrelated issue - has anyone started to have recordings just disappear since the upgrade? As Example: I had all episodes of this season's Dark Matter recorded. I went to watch them a week or 2 ago and episodes 1, 2, and 3 were gone. If this is being covered in another forum, please point me there and excuse my blurting in this one. :-)

Thanks for the help

smorganl, please send me a PM with your phone number and 4 digit PIN
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator