EHD Problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHD Problem

Avonjimmy
Costume Designer
When I use the EHD, I select a movie to play and it does not come on. Instead, the EHD defaults to the previous channel selected with no audio. I have to select the EHD a second time, choose the movie again and it finally plays. Engineering is this a known issue? Get it fixed as kind of problem doing it two times!
6 Replies

Re: EHD Problem

Have you tried resetting the receiver and the EHD?
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

RickObe
Visual Engineer
Also, do you wait until all the tiles have filled in with pictures before you try to play? It may be that the hard drive has not spun up yet. Just guessing.

Avonjimmy
Costume Designer
Says something about hard drive not spinning up yet but disappears too quick to read the complete message. I have reset the receiver and the EHD a number of times and still does not work on the EHD!

What is the full EHD model number? They often have a Sleep mode programmed into them so this may be the EHD having the issue, not DISH
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

JSracer
Audio Engineer
Reported issues already.
On the black screen, hit DVR, select ehd, show again and it will play fine.

BillK
Audio Engineer
Same here; I'm told the device is spinning up and I will need to wait, but I get a black screen and nothing ever happens.

If I hit DVR and select the program a [i:7ws3h8w4]second[/i:7ws3h8w4] time, playback begins right away.