Dvr

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dvr

Okay hopefully someone can answer this. I’m trying to record only new episodes of “American choppers “ it’s home channel is discovery channel but it’s also recording on another channel that it airs on??? How can I set it to only record on one channel? And also it’s recording shows as new when they have already been aired? Help please!
3 Replies

Re: Dvr

DISH Employee

Bwestberry1127, when trying to record 'Only New' episodes, you can edit the timer by 

1. Pressing the DVR button on the remote 

2. Up to Timers

3. Select on the program you wish to edit

4. Select on Edit Timer

5. Change record option to 'Only New' 

Major Havoc
Audio Engineer

Do note however that this is all dependent on the guide data being accurate. If the guide data is wrong, which I have seen WWAAAAAYYYYYY too many times, and marks a repeat as NEW, that show will record even if it is not new. Unless the show is already  stored on your DVR, and the name matches correctly.  It is not a perfect solution by any means, 

DISH Employee

Hello, Major Havoc! We are aware of this issue with the guide not showing "new" on the episodes. Our Engineer Team has found a work around to this that a lot of people have seen success with. 

You will need to place all the receivers in standby for at least 30 mins to initiate a guide download as well as update any software that is needed. 

I have gone ahead and added you to the list of people affected by this, so our engineers have a better idea of how widespread this issue is.