cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dvr seek option

AndyNicholas443
Character Actor
I am just here to make a suggestion to the dish employees. Please bring back the dvr seek function. It was very convenient to tell the dvr to look on all channels for a certain show. I know this function used to be available because I was recording a show and the show moved to another channel. I didn't have to make a new timer. Life keeps me busy and sometimes I am a season behind on shows and wouldn't be aware that it moved to a new channel until I had missed some episodes.
6 Replies

Re: Dvr seek option

Chadt4141
Production Manager
Run a search for the show, select the option below the description that says “record all”. That is a seek timer.

AndyNicholas443
Character Actor
Thank you Chad. That seems to work with most shows. I tried that with the Simpsons and it worked. I tried it with the cat in the hat and it didn't give that option. I was going to upload a photo but I don't see that option here. I used to be able to tell the dvr to record anything with for example "star trek" in the title and it would record all of the star trek series and movies. Now it seems I have to select each one from the search menu and it wants a more exact title.

Chadt4141
Production Manager
For things like that, if it has no upcoming shows, switch the tab at the very top to Summary, and select record when available.

AndyNicholas443
Character Actor
I see what you are talking about but Is there a way to set a dvr timer for a more broad recording. For example there are many version of power Rangers. Or if I wanted it to record every batman movie that comes on. Is there a way to make a timer that just say power Rangers and it would record all versions of power Rangers plus the movies, no matter what channels they come on. Right now it seems I have to select each series of power Rangers and make a timer for each one. Same goes for batman. It would be nice if I could make a timer that says batman and it records every movie/series that has batman in the title.

Chadt4141
Production Manager
Unfortunately not. The Dish Pass feature has been gone for several years. For those that knew how to use it, was one of the best features. For the majority that didn’t, it was a PITA.

AndyNicholas443
Character Actor
Yes. Thank you Chad. I couldn't remember what it was called. It would be nice if they brought it back some day. Interestingly enough. I had a couple of dish pass timers set before my receiver updated. Those timers are still there and still work as dish pass timers, I just can't make new ones.