Duplicate timers - can we get some software help?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate timers - can we get some software help?

Major Havoc
Visual Engineer
So with the Hopper 3 and all its tuners, I now have almost 60 timers. One big problem is that some timers are duplicates of ones I already have. Either I did not know I had added the show, or sometimes it just seems to show up on its own.

Often, one timer says DVR, while the duplicate is labeled Seek. Other times, I just have the same timer twice, but at different ends of the list, so hard to know. And trying to sort and discover duplicate timers is not easy.

Can we get some timer management tools or support? A few VIEW options would help, like 1: Sort by Priority 2: Sort by name. At least then, I could easily find duplicates. I would also expect the Hopper software to warn me if I try and add a duplicate timer. It should say something like, " A timer for the show already exists. Would you like to edit it?" with options for Add New, Edit, Cancel.

Thanks for listening.
-Owen-
2 Replies

Re: Duplicate timers - can we get some software help?

peggyrh
Associate Producer
there already is a view option to sort A-Z or by priority. (Timers, Options, Sort)

Re: Duplicate timers - can we get some software help?

Major Havoc
Visual Engineer
peggyrh wrote:
there already is a view option to sort A-Z or by priority. (Timers, Options, Sort)

Ah, so there is. I never saw that even after looking. Well, that helps. Thanks

Still like to see some duplicate timer warnings though.