Dual OTA Adapter Filter

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual OTA Adapter Filter

Jeff1860
Character Actor

Just attached a Dual OTA Adapter and I am getting 30 plus over the air channels! With that said, the TV seems to be getting LTE interference now. Is anyone else having the same issues? Has anyone used a LTE filter on this adapter?

Thank You

6 Replies

Re: Dual OTA Adapter Filter

tommyy2
Cinematographer

From what I read I thought LTE interference was extremely rare.

What symptoms are you getting that point to it?

Jeff1860
Character Actor
The screen will pixelated and then just freeze. I then have to reset the hopper to get it back to normal. Before long though, the screen will freeze again. My house is about a 100 yards away from a cell tower.

tommyy2
Cinematographer

Does the LTE signals affect anything other than the adapter (TV running right off antenna?)

I've read about them but never used one.  Only advice I have is to try buying one somewhere you can return it if it does not work for you. 

I noticed they have Channel Master ones on Ebay for $25 showing 30 day returns.  Also for anything you purchase using paypal that you return paypal will pay (up to ~$30?) return shipping.

Let us know how you make out with this issue.

LenMo
Extra

I am using an inline LTE filter on my OTA cable from the antenna and it definitely improves the signal to the TV. I have it on the cable BEFORE the antenna amplifier so that the signal to the Dish receiver and the connection directly to the TV are enhanced. I had problems on our new TV with the signal digitizing and freezing when viewed directly from the OTA antenna and the LTE filter has cleared up that ussue. I purchased the Channel Master that was mentioned previously. 

Jeff1860
Character Actor

I had a Dish Technician come out on Monday moring and install a device on the back of the hopper and the problem have not happen sense. Not sure how to add a photo to this board, but the device is a small rectangular device that was plugged into a USP port in the back of the hopper. It also seems to have improve the speed of the hopper. Thanks for all the help!

Jeff1860
Character Actor

USB and not USP....