Dropped Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped Timer

ducksloop505
Extra
Reviewing upcoming programs, I have noticed on several occasions that progams that were set up to be recorded in Timers were not tagged to record. They were New episodes (same as set up in Timers). Went to look in Timers and they were not found (yes, I resorted Timers alphabetically to be sure I didn't miss finding them). Previous episodes had been recorded, but I discovered that the timer had gone away, evidently all on its own - dropped.

If I had not checked upcoming programming in the guide and noticed that there was no red dot to indicate that it was to be recorded, they would not have been recorded, and therefor missed. Do I now need to check each day to insure that the programs that I want recorded actually do get recorded?

What's up with that?
Tags (2)
17 Replies

Re: Dropped Timer

DISH Employee
Is this happen for recordings on one channel, or multiple recordings? Have you re-created the timer(s) for the recordings?

logdog
Audio Engineer
ducksloop505 wrote:

If I had not checked upcoming programming in the guide and noticed that there was no red dot to indicate that it was to be recorded, they would not have been recorded, and therefor missed. Do I now need to check each day to insure that the programs that I want recorded actually do get recorded?

What's up with that?

This has been a known issue for about 8 months now. See the thread "DVR Going Wonky". I have to check every day in ensure my programs actually get recorded because the DVR timers are totally unreliable. I keep reporting this issue with specific examples and Dish keeps telling me it's a known issue. No updates on when or if this will actually be fixed.

DISH Employee
I can see you’re not happy about this but I did not see where the timers were deleted and reset. What is the software version you currently have on the Hopper system?

logdog
Audio Engineer
Mike H. wrote:
I can see you’re not happy about this but I did not see where the timers were deleted and reset. What is the software version you currently have on the Hopper system?

I have U504 dated 11/17/2017 on my H3. I've reported at least half a dozen shows in posts and PMs were timers failed to record new episodes. Each time I had to create a new timer to get the show to record. At your request, I've already provided you with my receiver number, smart card number, hardware and software info, and detailed show and timer info. Whenever I ask for an update on when this will be fixed, I get the standard "it's a known issue".

DISH Employee
Let's check really quick to see if any hard drive errors have occurred recently. Press System Info on the front of the Hopper 3 box, then go to Status > Check Status > Yes. What does the Hard Drive Status field show?

logdog
Audio Engineer
PhoenixM wrote:
Let's check really quick to see if any hard drive errors have occurred recently. Press System Info on the front of the Hopper 3 box, then go to Status > Check Status > Yes. What does the Hard Drive Status field show?

Okay

logdog
Audio Engineer
logdog wrote:
PhoenixM wrote:

Okay

It's been almost a week since you had me check the hard drive and I told you it showed okay. Is that it for the troubleshooting?

Also, another timer failed today. On channel 196 Travel at 10 pm, there is a new episode of Extreme Hotels that is supposed to record but isn't scheduled. Under Timer Schedule, it doesn't show any episodes, new or repeat, airing this week. By the way, this is episode 3, season 1 so this is a fairly new timer.

DISH Employee
logdog wrote:
It's been almost a week since you had me check the hard drive and I told you it showed okay. Is that it for the troubleshooting?

Also, another timer failed today. On channel 196 Travel at 10 pm, there is a new episode of Extreme Hotels that is supposed to record but isn't scheduled. Under Timer Schedule, it doesn't show any episodes, new or repeat, airing this week. By the way, this is episode 3, season 1 so this is a fairly new timer.

If you go to your Timers, is the Timer listed at all, or is the Timer missing?
If the Timer is there, is the Timer set for New, or New and Reruns?
From the Timer Page, if you press select, select Timer Schedule and tell me if it is listed from that page.

logdog
Audio Engineer
PamelaM wrote:
logdog wrote:

If you go to your Timers, is the Timer listed at all, or is the Timer missing?
If the Timer is there, is the Timer set for New, or New and Reruns?
From the Timer Page, if you press select, select Timer Schedule and tell me if it is listed from that page.

I thought I addressed this. The Timer is there. It is set to record New. The Timer Schedule from the Timer Page did not show any episodes this week, only next week's episodes. The Guide showed a New episode airing last night but it was not set to record.

Also, I set a new Timer last night so the show would record and it did. The new Timer is also set for New. Now I have two Timers. The old Timer Schedule shows a New episode recording next week and a repeat of the same episode skipped the following day. The new Timer shows No Timers Scheduled and doesn't list any episodes. Both Timers are for the same exact show, same channel, etc.