DishAnywhere says my receiver is not connected to internet when in fact it is

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DishAnywhere says my receiver is not connected to internet when in fact it is

Just upgraded to a Hopper 3 system.  Installation technician established connection between the new receiver and the internet via my house Wi-Fi.  Connection strength is good.   Just downloaded Anywhere app to my cell phone but when I try it it says I need to connect receiver to internet.  Well, it already is.  What next?

3 Replies

Re: DishAnywhere says my receiver is not connected to internet when in fact it is

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
If you just had it installed, wait 72 hours. If it has been longer, sometimes you have to wait a few minutes on dA to find the receiver connected. Longest I’ve waited before was 15 minutes, although generally, it is instant.

Re: DishAnywhere says my receiver is not connected to internet when in fact it is

Thanks Chad.   Should I uninstall the Anywhere app and reinstall it in a few days, or just leave it as currently installed but not use it for a few more days??

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You don’t have to delete it. It’s the Hopper itself downloading firmware over that period. The app is “ready to use”.