Dish vs digital antenna

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish vs digital antenna

So today we had Dish installed to replace our digital antenna so we could receive more channels. Everything was working fine until it rained this evening and Dish cut out twice and now is still out. I had an on-line chat with one of the reps and he gave me the run-around that we lost service because of bad weather. Plain, simple rain is bad weather? We NEVER had this problem with our FREE digital antenna, and Dish thinks we're going to actually pay monthly for this non-service that we're getting because it's raining? I don't think so!!! Tomorrow morning we call Dish after we call our attorney.
4 Replies

Re: Dish vs digital antenna

stile99
Cinematographer
phoebedixie123 wrote:
after we call our attorney.

Since he/she will tell you to read your contract, you can find it at [url:26qcrxqu]https://www.dish.com/service-agreements/[/url:26qcrxqu]

There is a glaring flaw in their agreement. You don't see it? :!: ;)

DISH Employee
phoebedixie123 wrote:
So today we had Dish installed to replace our digital antenna so we could receive more channels. Everything was working fine until it rained this evening and Dish cut out twice and now is still out. I had an on-line chat with one of the reps and he gave me the run-around that we lost service because of bad weather. Plain, simple rain is bad weather? We NEVER had this problem with our FREE digital antenna, and Dish thinks we're going to actually pay monthly for this non-service that we're getting because it's raining? I don't think so!!! Tomorrow morning we call Dish after we call our attorney.

The DISH signal should work in the rain. There are some things that can cause you to lose signal. Are all the connections secure and hand tight from the TV, receiver and to the wall? If so when you go into the Point Dish screen, what is the signal and strength you're getting? As well please provide me the zip code to check it to what you should be getting.

d4g4m
Visual Engineer
First- there's no difference between an analog and a 'digital' antenna. I'm using a 20 year old antenna as a back up and receive all HD channels perfectly.
Second- If you've watched weather reports and seen color radar, if the dish is correctly aimed, you will receive a signal through light green, dark green and most of the time yellow. You will not receive a signal through most orange and never through red. If you are using 110, 119, 129, you are receiving a signal that is 22,300 miles at the equator above Peru and the Pacific Ocean. The DISH, dish isn't big enough and the LNB isn't powerful enough. To receive all signals even in a severe rain storm, you would need a dish the size of those that Comcast uses.