Dish location

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish location

sbaker1208
Character Actor

I live in a condo assoication with trees. I have been having issues with my Hd channled not getting a good signial. It is mostly with 129. I had move a couple of years ago. Now I am having problems. I can not have it moved to the front or any higher than the gutterline. 

I have a tech coming out in the morning. I am hoping that he can point the dish not have to move it.

Any ideas if I cant move it. Beside choppong down a tree or having to go to cable???

Tags (2)
4 Replies

Re: Dish location

Roadijeff
Audio Engineer

The dish needs an unblocked line-of-site to the satellite for reliable HD reception.  You can either move the dish where it's not being blocked by the trees or move the trees so they're not blocking the dish.  Smiley Happy

sbaker1208
Character Actor

Thank you for your reply. 

I live in a condo community so there is a HOA so I am fighting them. The rules are only mounted in the back and a long the gutter line and can not be in the front.

But I have found that there is a FCC law that out does the state and HOA that the can not keep home owners from getting a good signal or keep somone from having a dish tv service and the the can only be located in the front.

So I took a picture of four units that had dishes in the front of the units and made a copy of FCC rules and short letter stating I had dishnet work since 1999.

The board meets next week and I will see what the have to say.. The I see it the FCC rule I can move the dish to front and put where it gets the best signal with putting it on the roof per my HOA rule without there approving it.

So anyone  is having issues in a condo appartment or townhouse look into  FCC rule 47-CR-1.4000 or go online to ecfr.gpoaccess.gov./.

gdisarray
Audio Engineer

They can't stop you unless it is going to damage or destroy something.

Go ahead and put it up.  Screw the board.  Tell them to take it up with the FCC.

sbaker1208
Character Actor

Update. The FCC rules is the dish is in a common area which they state that the outer wall and roof is a common area. I do not own the land, I a can only have the dish mounted on my back deck which  is where is with the trees and they will not trim the trees.

The HOA is contracting there atternoey. So I am waiting but not holding my breath. Hopefully when the tree loses it leaves I will get my HD channels or if Dish finds a way to get better signals with blocking trees.

So I am watching all of Hd channels in Sd. I get my local ones in HD. I guess I am lucky that I still have my Sd channels