Dish Support broke my DVR.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Support broke my DVR.

hilltrot
Extra
I told dish support about the fact that the DVR wasn't using daylight savings time to record prime time. [b:3hk4yvt8][i:3hk4yvt8]Removed[/i:3hk4yvt8][/b:3hk4yvt8] told me to download an update even though he knew I was up to date. As a result, I can't record anything for days. And in addition to this my super joey doesn't work.

Oh, by the way, the prime time didn't get fixed either. Dish said they would call back asking for my opinion. They obviously haven't.

Don't download updates that don't exist, even if they tell you to. [b:3hk4yvt8][i:3hk4yvt8]MOD EDIT: Removed due to language[/i:3hk4yvt8][/b:3hk4yvt8]
3 Replies

Re: Dish Support broke my DVR.

How are you unable to record? Please refrain from swearing or attacking anyone on the forum.
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

hilltrot
Extra
Your question makes no sense.

stile99
Cinematographer
hilltrot wrote:
Your question makes no sense.

No sir, your claim makes no sense, and when asked to back it up, this was your reply. So, your claim is that Dish support forced you to download an update that didn't exist, and that this "broke my DVR". So...if it didn't exist, then nothing was downloaded. If nothing was downloaded, nothing changed. You specifically said that "As a result, I can't record anything for days." and then added "And in addition to this my super joey doesn't work."

So again, exactly what appears to be the problem? In what sense is it not recording anything for days? In what sense is the super joey not working? Does it not turn on at all? Are the two additional tuners not available?