Dish Pointing/Alignment - Satellite 129

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Pointing/Alignment - Satellite 129

wtrebesch
Character Actor
We have our dish set up on a temporary stand since we have to put it up/take it down every weekend. So basically one person is inside on the point dish screen while the other person aligns the dish outside. We can usually get 119 no problem, but we can't seem to get 129 consistently. We've gotten it a couple times but then can't seem to duplicate it. Any tips/tricks that we should try?

Thanks in advance for any help!
15 Replies

Re: Dish Pointing/Alignment - Satellite 129

DISH Employee
DISH recommends a portable self point dish called the Tailgater. This will make it easier for you to enjoy your HD TV DISH satellite signal outdoors within minutes of setting up. Please call 1-800-970-9021 or for more information visit our website https://www.mydish.com/upgrades/products/tv-outdoors

wtrebesch
Character Actor
I'm sure they do......

All I can recommend is make sure the mast is level/plum and use the angles from this website.

http://www.dishpointer.com/
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

wtrebesch
Character Actor
Matt G wrote:
All I can recommend is make sure the mast is level/plum and use the angles from this website.

http://www.dishpointer.com/

That's how we calculated our angles. Once we felt like we had the azimuth close we tried anything within + or - 4 on the elevation and couldn't get any signal on 129.

I feel like we were level (or pretty close to it) because we used the elevation listed from the "Point Dish" screen for 119 and were able to get signal strength in the 50-60 range no problem. No such luck for 129.

The point dish screen does not have the 1000.x dish angles built into the system so I would recommend trying the website I listed. Chances are you have a 1000.2 Western Ar for 119/1110/129

wtrebesch
Character Actor
Matt G wrote:
The point dish screen does not have the 1000.x dish angles built into the system so I would recommend trying the website I listed. Chances are you have a 1000.2 Western Ar for 119/1110/129

We tried the angles on the site you listed (because our receiver shows N/A for 129) but we still couldn't get any signal on 129.

Unfortunately there is not much more we can do. We know what the issue is but cannot say withiout having a tech come out. What is your zip code?

wtrebesch
Character Actor
Matt G wrote:
Unfortunately there is not much more we can do. We know what the issue is but cannot say withiout having a tech come out. What is your zip code?

Well we are setting up on a frozen lake so no tech is going to come out to help us. ha!

Zip code is 56342

It's frustrating because we can get it to work, just not consistently. We had it working on Saturday night but had issues Sunday morning. Doesn't make sense.....

This is what I get from the site I mentioned:

Elevation: 31.2°
Azimuth (true): 213.5°
Azimuth (magn.): 213.6°
Dish Skew: 67.5°
Turn clockwise standing behind the dish