Dish On Demand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish On Demand

CINDYJANE
Extra
Upon first using Dish on Demand, hoping to watch multiple seasons of HBO series, I was truly frustrated by the guide and selection process. When choosing the series you have to page through way too many screens to get where you want to go. Then you choose the season and get a list of episodes that does not indicate the episode number or give enough info about the episode to determine the proper order. My experience was that the episodes are not necessarily in the correct order. I got through this and got my choice. Then when I went back to watch the next episode in line I was forced to go through the complete locate and selection process and then had to determine, again, which episode on the list was actually the next one in the proper order. This is the worst. Haven't your programmers ever seen Netflix? It actually remembers which episode you watched last and has it waiting for you. It brings up the series you have watched and lists them so you can just click on one of them. I have always loved the Dish Program Guide, it's the best of all I have seen. But this mess with Dish on Demand makes it unwatchable for me. The frustration of it makes me reconsider my loyalty to Dish.
2 Replies

Re: Dish On Demand

DISH Employee
CINDYJANE wrote:
Upon first using Dish on Demand, hoping to watch multiple seasons of HBO series, I was truly frustrated by the guide and selection process. When choosing the series you have to page through way too many screens to get where you want to go. Then you choose the season and get a list of episodes that does not indicate the episode number or give enough info about the episode to determine the proper order. My experience was that the episodes are not necessarily in the correct order. I got through this and got my choice. Then when I went back to watch the next episode in line I was forced to go through the complete locate and selection process and then had to determine, again, which episode on the list was actually the next one in the proper order. This is the worst. Haven't your programmers ever seen Netflix? It actually remembers which episode you watched last and has it waiting for you. It brings up the series you have watched and lists them so you can just click on one of them. I have always loved the Dish Program Guide, it's the best of all I have seen. But this mess with Dish on Demand makes it unwatchable for me. The frustration of it makes me reconsider my loyalty to Dish.

Hello CindyJane. We're sorry to read of your frustration. Our guide and UI has gone thru several changes in the last several months. While we can't correct this instantly, we can submit your feedback and displeasure to the department that designs and tests the UI

Re: Dish On Demand

cyberanvil
Extra

I'm finding the same problem and here we are at 7/2018.  take a series like game of thrones.  pick a year and it's very likely that not all shows, for the year will be listed.  and like you said, they will not be in order and they won't be tagged as to episode number.  very disappointing.  now if that Comcast guy would come around again :-)