Dish Guide update issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish Guide update issues

DISH Employee

louhernTLH, are you seeing "No info available" after the 2 days of guide information, or does the guide end after that? 

articcatbill
Character Actor

We did finally get our problem resolved.  I emailed care@dish.com and explained everything that we tried to resolve the issue.  Initially we tried a new hopper replacement and it did not resolve the issue.  

I requested an upgrade to the Hopper 3.  They agreed to upgrade us to the Hopper 3 which required a tech visit.  I explained to the tech our issue and requested he confirm signal on all 3 satallites.  During the visit the tech found a bad LNB on one of our dishes.  Luckily he had a used one and replaced it.  We had access to all 3 satallites for viewing, but he felt this may have been causing our download issue.

In addition to the fix to the dish he also upgraded us to the Hopper 3, which BTW we really love.  We now have 16 tuners so recording is never an issue.  This upgrade did not cost us anything nor did it add any cost to our bill.  So we are very pleased with the upgrade.

I am not sure what fixed the issue, the replacment LNB or the Hopper 3 upgrade.  But either way since the tech visit and these changes it has worked perfectly.  We always have 8-9 days of the guide and are very happy with the new set-up.  

I hope this helps, I know how frustrating it can be if it is not working correctly.

louhernTLH
Character Actor
Thanks for your detailed update. My problem started on a Hopper 3 with sling, about 2 weeks ago. On my initial call the tech managed to push a guide update after some troubleshooting steps that I had already taken. I noticed the problem again 3 days ago, but this time the 3 different techs did not seem to have the same capability. Today, I finally reached one that did -another manual push of the update and my guide is current for now. He told me that they suspect a software glitch.

I may be repeating this scenario in a few days. Thanks again for your time.

Frank3
Extra

Ok now i know what my problem is. A tech is coming out next week and im going to relay this correction to him. Im having the exact same issue. The guide runs out in a day or 2. I hope this is my case. Heck i pray it is. 

DISH Employee

Hey, Frank3! Please keep us updated on this! We definitely want to ensure your guide has the full listings. 

KatMuster
Character Actor

I've been having the same problem for at least 6 months now. Sometimes I can get it to update by unplugging the receiver, sometimes I can't. Tech support can usually get it to update after a lot of screwing around over the phone. It's getting OLD! If I could get my neighbor to cut down a few trees so the satellite isn't blocked we'd be going back to DirecTV! I am fed up!

DISH Employee

Hello KatMuster. I hate to hear that you've been having a technical issue like this for 6-months. We definitely don't want that, and I would be more than happy to see how I can help. I do want to make sure I understand the issue, because they can differ from member to member. Are you also seeing 'No Information Available' after 2 days of the guide information? 

KatMuster
Character Actor

No, I'm not seeing "No information". Once I get it updated it's got 8 days ahead, and that goes down one day at a time until I get fed up and call tech support again. Check my tech support log. It's all there!

DISH Employee

We would be happy to take a look at the information on this issue that you have been experience. Please send us a Private Message so that we may be able to access your account and the notes listed there about this issue. https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

KatMuster
Character Actor

I've been contacted by a woman named Emily and she seems to have corrected the problem. We'll see if it lasts.