Dish Guide update issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Guide update issues

articcatbill
Character Actor

We have been having an issue with the guide on our Hopper with Sling for over a year.  The most we can ever get is 2-days of guide information.  We have been on the phone numerous times with support for at least an hour each time, we go through the same steps each time and nothing helps.  I have emailed dish, they sent us a refurbished Hopper, same issues.  When we go through the steps we will get 2-days of guide at first and then it will drop back to one day.  

I am at wits end with this, any help would be appreciated.  I just want to get the service we are paying for, thanks.

Tags (1)
23 Replies

Re: Dish Guide update issues

DISH Employee

articcatbill, I completely understand where you are coming from. Does the guide display "No Info Available"  after the day or two of the program guide information for the remainder of the week, or is there nothing showing at all after that? 

articcatbill
Character Actor

Thanks for getting back to me.  There is nothing showing.  We have never received the "No Information Available" message.  Right now if I move the guide right, forward in time it will only go through tomorrow (Monday) at 7:30am.  That is as far as it will advance, it will not go any further into the future.  So we can not even see 24 hours forward.  

DISH Employee

Thank you. Is there a tuner available to re-download the guide? To check, press the Red colored button if you have a 40.0 remote or the "Options" button, then "Activity" on the screen if you have a 50.0, 52.0, or 54.0 remote. It will take you to a TV Activity page. If you do see a tuner available, the guide will download automatically. If there is no tuner available, please free one up to allow the guide to download. 

articcatbill
Character Actor

Yes there is a tuner available, in fact there are 2 available.  The guide will still not download.  It also did not download last evening during the 1:00a update.  Typically there is always at least 1 tuner available and often both available.  The guide simply will not update past the limited amount available.  We have been on the phone numerous times for 1hr+ as they walked us through forcing a guide download, still a max of 48 hours and then it comes back to less than 24 hours.  We just installed a new Hopper with Sling sent to us, and still not working.  

DISH Employee

Can you send me a private message with the phone number and 4-digit pin to access your receiver remotely and try to force a download? Here is a link with steps on how to send a PM: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

articcatbill
Character Actor

I had previously sent an email to dish.  They just called and are sending a tech out to upgrade us to Hopper 3 and check our installation.  The thought being it might be a signal issue since we have been through the forced download procedure numerous times.  I think it is best now to wait and see what becomes of that process.  Thanks for your help.

DISH Employee

You're very welcome. The guide should re-downloads every night when the receiver does it nightly updates, so if that doesn't update, then we can run into this issue. I am glad to hear that you are set up for an upgrade and that a tech will be out there to check your connections. I would love to check back in with you to see how everything went after the visit. If you'd like please send me a private message with the account information to follow up with you after the visit. 

Highlighted

articcatbill
Character Actor

Sent, thank you.

louhernTLH
Character Actor
Have you been able to get your problem resolved? I am having the same issues, Tech Support has so far been unable to help, or just doesn't know how.