Dish Anywhere

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere

elki545
Camera Crew
Awful service. I cannot get on demand on Dish Anywhere to play on my tab on my phone. It just stays stuck on loading. I have done everything possible to try to fix the problem. I have restarted my Hopper 3, rebooted the internet, uninstalled the app, restarted my phone and tab, and also reinstalled the app. I have also checked internet connections and speed which are sufficient. I am running the most current Android version on my tab and phone as well. I tried contacting customer service four times to be transferred to technical support and no one was able to solve my problem. They keep asking me to restart the hopper and check my internet connection and reinstall the app. Please help!
16 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere

AggieJustin
Costume Designer
I'm assuming you have a router set up on your home network that your Hopper is connected to. If you have an older router, you may want to either put the Hopper in the DMZ or set up some port forwarding rules to route DVR traffic to the router. On my Hopper w/ Sling, it worked OK without anything configured, but it would take forever for episodes to download and I would often get messages that I lost connection. Once I configured the port forwarding, my episodes would download in just a few minutes.

With my new router, it has an option for Media Prioritization, so I added the Hopper and Joeys to the list and haven't seen any issues.

elki545
Camera Crew
Thanks for the tip. My router is brand new. I have the hopper 3, and I have tried everything I know. Customer service is no help.

AggieJustin
Costume Designer
What brand of router do you have?

elki545
Camera Crew
Linksys EA3500.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
My EA3500 worked fine with DA when I had it, no special settings needed so I doubt that's the problem. (By the way that model came out in 2012, not "brand new", just new to you).

When you say "speed is sufficient" that doesn't answer the question - what up & down speed do you actually get, run a speedtest to know. What brand & model phone (or tablet) are you having issues with? Some processors are known to have problems with streaming Dish Anywhere. Lots of variables can affect whether or not Dish Anywhere works correctly, might even be your internet provider, some need special settings.

elki545
Camera Crew
Download speed is 30 Mbps and upload speed is 6 Mbps. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.0. I can access on demand on my television, but not on my mobile devices which is aggravating.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
so that's ruled out, looks OK. Who's your internet provider?

elki545
Camera Crew
Spectrum

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Interesting, that's who I have & I can access Dish Anywhere on all of my Androids (phones & tablets, both several years old as well as new).
When you uninstalled the app did you reboot before re-installing? That resets the info & makes it easier to connect, also verify the Dish account info is correct. Can't think of anything else, have had no trouble using Dish Anywhere, been using it for years.