Dish Anywhere not able to connect to any device

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere not able to connect to any device

Rod1
Character Actor

I use Dish Anywhere regularly either travelling or during my daily excercise workout. I switched to Dish specifically because DirecTV's remote service constantly failed and could not be reset unless I was at home with the receiver. Now I am having similar problems with Dish! Suddenly I cannot connect for days on any of my devices - iPhone, iPad, or Macbook. I phone or chat with tech support and they put in a repair notice, but here I am needing it again and it will not connect still regardless of any of the usual remedies (i.e. reset the receiver, etc.). I hear DirecTV has remedied their remote issues. Maybe it's time to switch back. Why pay for a service because of a need for a specific feature without being able to access that feature reliably? This is nuts! Anybody else having this issue? Have you found a remedy?

7 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere not able to connect to any device

DISH Employee

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with Dish Anywhere, Rod1! I'm happy to look into this with you. Since both services are having the same issues, I'm wondering if the internet service where you're trying to access from is also having issues? Anyway, please let me know a little more about what's going on, like is the app/website opening? Are you getting an error message?

Rod1
Character Actor

For the most part my DishAnywhere works well. On some random days it will not connect. I do not receive an error message. On the iPad or iPhone I receive the incessant “connection circle” showing it is trying but it never connects. It will continue this until I shut down the app. During those times if I try to connect on my Macbook I log in and it takes me to the app which asks me to log in again. From there on it is a circle of continually asking me to log in and there is never a connection. From resetting the receiver I have ruled out that it is the receiver. And because I have no problem with any other website I have ruled out my service provider. I have fiber optics to the door of my home, so it is also not a speed issue. My conclusion is that it is something on Dish’s end. I have twice phoned during these outage periods and was told that the incident had been reported. It did not resolve for a couple days. Today it is working. And, the problem is only quite sporadic; but of course it seems to occur when I most need it.

Rod

DISH Employee

Since you had the same exact issue with a different service, it may be the amount of bandwidth these services take that's causing the issue. Have you tried using speedtest.net to see what you're downloading at?

Rod1
Character Actor

Yes, I have used speedtest. As I stated earlier, I have 1 Gb fiber to the door. Bandwidth is not the issue either. Of course the wireless Internet slows the transmission slightly from ethernet connection, but not that significantly.

DISH Employee

Thank you for that information. Just so we're on the same page, you're having this issue on your iPhone, iPad and Macbook, correct?

Rod1
Character Actor

Yes, at times when the issue occurs it will affect every device. Most often I will log onto my iPad and it will fail, so I decide I'll use my phone. When it does not connect I test it out on the Internet and cannot connect there either. As I said earlier, this is an occassional occurance, not frequent. I have ruled out my service provider since I can successfully stream other services during those outages. Also another contributor pointed out that I lkely had the same issue with DirecTV when I was with them. Those issues were totally different. I switched to Dish Network for a variety of other reasons. I was unhappy with DirecTV basically all around (excpet for that they had the NFL network).

Rod1
Character Actor

My issues with DirecTV were different.