Dish 54.0 Remote Pause Error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish 54.0 Remote Pause Error

Jrisko06
Character Actor
Same problem. Quite annoying trying to watch anything we have recorded.

DISH Employee

Since this issue has been reported to and sent to our Engineering Team, I would be able to add your account the report that has been sent to them. This will let our Team know that you are experiencing the same issue. Please send me the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so that I can tag your account. To send a Private Message, you can do this by clicking the mail icon on the top right corner of the page and click New Message. You will need to type in my username in the Send To field. Thanks!

Bridge
Costume Designer

Can you please clarify what problem the engineer department is looking into.  Is it the initial issue I reported (the play/pause button jumping forward, rather than pausing) or something else?  I have been dealing with this issue for months, so I have narrowed down the situations in which the error occurs, on my Joey. I would be glad to share this with the engineers.   

DISH Employee

The issue of the play/pause button has been reported to our Engineering Team and they are currently working on reaching a resolution to this issue. 

Jrisko06
Character Actor

Now I have issues with this site.  I cannot send you a PM.  I get the following error.

Flyboyron
Extra

We are having exactly this problem, too. I’ve sent a PM to LatrishaR.

Just want to add one more to the list of people, so you’ll know it’s not an individual issue.

Bridge
Costume Designer

It has now been 3 months since I first reported this issue which, based on the postings below, clearly is not an issue specific to my system. (Actually longer than three months because I reported it via the phone tech support days or weeks before I posted here.)  Has any progress been made by the engineering department in identifying the underlying issue?  This significantly impacts the ability to watch recordings on the DVR, a service WE PAY EXTRA FOR and is clearly not working.   

DISH Employee

Bridge, I can understand it has been a while since you have reported the issue. Currently, there is no update by the engineering department. I would like to get more information, so we can escalate this to our Tech Ops team. Can you please press the home button three times on the remote. It will take you to a Diagnostics page. May I have the Hopper's software version? Additionally, may I have the Joeys software version by following these same steps? 

Bridge
Costume Designer

ChristinaW, thank you for the reply.  Here is the information you requested:

Hopper:

U517 6/1/2018

Bootstrap: 1112

Joey:

Software U288 6/1/2018

Bootstrap 1216

Remote:

Firmware E011T504EW53

DISH Employee

Thank you for that. I am going to meet you back in our private message to get new remotes sent out to check if this helps with this issue.