Dish 54.0 Remote Pause Error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish 54.0 Remote Pause Error

Sadinelli
Character Actor
I too am having the same issues. Makes DVR useless. Very annoyed!

DISH Employee

Does unpairing and repairing the remote to the receiver change anything?

Sadinelli
Character Actor

No.  I tried that because I saw it listed in the thread.

DISH Employee

Do you have multiple receivers in your home? If so, are all of the remotes doing this, or just one of them? And, are all remotes 54.0, if you have multiple?

Sadinelli
Character Actor

I have 4 joeys.  2 hoppers.  1 54.0 remote.  I've had issues on each hopper with the 54.0 AND other remote. I haven't gotten to check yet, but I'm wondering if it's only happening when watching "remotely" on DVR.  Example, I am in my living room and watching a show on that hopper that was recorded on the basement hopper. 

DISH Employee

Okay, thanks. So, this isn't just the 54.0 remote that is doing this, then. Another model remote is doing this also when watching on one of the Hopper's, correct?

Sadinelli
Character Actor

Correct

DISH Employee

Thank you for confirming. I do show that this issue has been sent to our Engineering Team and they are currently working on reaching a resolution to the issue. Once a fix has been found, they will release it in a nightly update that your receiver gets each night. If you are able to send me a Private Message, I will be able to tag your account for the Engineering Team to let them know that you are also experiencing this issue. 

In the meantime, the current workaround that we have found for this issue is to access the recordings from the Hopper that they were made on. 

nspradlin
Extra

I too am having the same issues with pause/play/ff/rw when watching a show on another hopper! This has happened since the last major guide update 6-8 weeks ago. Please advise!

Gremlin
Extra

We are having the same problem. Won’t pause more than a second. Sometimes we don’t get the delete option after watching a show. Can’t rewind, only fast forward. Help.