Dish 54.0 Remote Pause Error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish 54.0 Remote Pause Error

Bridge
Character Actor

Our new 54.0 Remotes for our new Hopper 3 and new Joey 2.0s (only in use for a few months) play/pause button is not working properly.  This is happening with both remotes for our Joey's, so I know it is not specific to a problem with the individual remote. I also replaced the batteries, and the problem continued, so it is not a battery issue.   All other keys on the remote are functioning as designed.  Here is the problem I am encountering:  After hitting skip forward or skip backward, after the content begins to play again, if I hit play/pause to pause the content it repeats a skip forward (or backward).  It does not pause!  It does not happen each and every time but it happens more than 50% of the time, randomly.  The error may happen with a specific recording, and then stop happening and then start happening again.  Sometimes I've switched to Live TV and then back to the recording and the button worked properly and other times it did not.  I cannot find any rhyme or reason as to when it happens.  I called DISH tech support and they walked me through reseting the remote.  This fixed the problem for a day or so, but now it is back.  Any ideas, folks?  This is driving me crazy.

37 Replies

Re: Dish 54.0 Remote Pause Error

DISH Employee

Do you have any issues with any of the other DVR functions of the remote, like fast forward or rewind?
Can I have you unpair the remotes to the receivers then repair them? To unpair, press the Home button 3 times to access the Diagnostics screen, then select Unpair. Once the remote is unpaired, press the SAT button once on the side of the remote. You should hear a beeping noise and the remote will re-pair to the receiver. 

Bridge
Character Actor
The only button which does not work properly is the pause/play. And the pause/play button does work except when you try to use it after you have skipped forward or back. As described above, instead of pausing it actually skips a few seconds forward and continues to play the content. I then have to skip back again and ”double click” the pause/play button in order to get the recording to pause at the point I was trying to pause. I followed the unpair then pair again as you suggest and it did not fix the problem. I also unplugged my Hopper 3 and both Joeys. Problem still exists. I may have incorrectly called this a “remote issue” it could be a Joey issue, right? Please help, it is IMMENSELY frustrating to try to pause something and have it skip forward instead of pause. The button works sometimes and then begins to not work so you never know what to expect.

Bridge
Character Actor
Pamela? Did you have any suggestions?

DISH Employee

Hello, Bridge. I hate to hear you are having this issue. I am happy to look into this further. May I have your phone number and 4-digit security code? 

DISH Employee

If you could, please send this to me in a private message.

Bridge
Character Actor
Please post pertinent information such as, has this issue been reported by others etc? Is it being worked on? Since it happens multiple locations in my house, it is clearly a software issue. I already spent 20 minutes on the phone with DISH and they had follow a series of steps (pressing buttons etc) which TEMPORARILY fixed the problem. I have to believe this has been reported to DISH any by others.....

DISH Employee

Bridge, reviewing the current issues reported by our customers I was not able to find any report that resembled the issue that you are experiencing. It is possible the issue is with the software within the remotes themselves. I would be happy to take a look at replacing your remotes for resolving this issue. I will need to access your account to do this. Can you please send us a Private Message with your phone/account number and 4 digit PIN? You can do this by clicking the mail icon on the top right corner of the page and click New Message. You will need to type in my username in the Send To field. 

rnye62
Extra

I am having simliar problems.  When I start watching a recording from the other hopper, the pause button only stops playback for a couple of seconds then resumes playing even though the pause symbol still shows on the screen.  The skip back and rewind buttons show the proper symbol on the screen, but jump forward through the recording.  The stop button acts like it will stop, but the show continues playing in the background.  I tried chat support, and their response was try again in a couple of weeks and see if it works any better.

DISH Employee

Hello, rnye62. The issue with your DVR commands on your remote seems a bit annoying. Let's see what we can do to get it working as intended again. I am going to ask a few questions to determine what could be causing it.  What version of remotes are you using? These will be located on the back of the remote. It will look like, 54.0 IR/UHF.  Is this happening on the Joeys too? Do you happen to have two Hoppers?