Dish 54.0 Remote Pause Error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish 54.0 Remote Pause Error

cbears05
Extra

I just received new 54.0 Remotes. Very annoying that I can't PAUSE any shows.  I wish I had my old remotes back.

Highlighted

DISH Employee

I can definitely understand the frustration with the Pause not working. I would be happy to take a look at your account and see what options we have to get you a remote that will work while our Engineering Team works to find a permanent solution for this issue. Please send us a Private Message so we can look into that for you. https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Croll
Extra

I have this incredibly annoying problem, too.  Hard to believe that it has not been fixed with so much time.  I agree with one of these replies that many more people have the problem than have time to post.  I have had the issue for months, but have not had time to research.  Would really appreciate a fix.

Laura
Extra

I too have this same problem, and it has driven me crazy since the new DVR was installed last year.

It makes watching football games almost impossible.  I like watching all 3rd down plays at quarter speed and all 4th down plays at one sixteenth speed (or used to).

It is hard for me to imagine a support system that does not take seriously a problem that is repeatable and reported by multiple people.  

Let me know when a fix is available, I really do prefer DISH over direct.

DISH Employee

Hi Laura. I'd be happy to check on this with you to see if there's any additional information available for this issue. If not, we can get some additional feedback sent in on your behalf. Whenever you are home and have a moment to try a couple of steps with me, please send us a Private Message with your phone number and 4 digit PIN and we can get started. 

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

I have this same problem. It seems to be intermittent, but it happens more often than not. After using fast forward or rewind, the pause button causes the program to skip and it keeps playing. I can press the pause button again, and it then works properly until I use the fast forward or rewind function again.

I find myself being forced to press the pause button twice in a row very quickly to get a show to pause. I only watch TV on my wireless Joey, so I'm not sure if this is a problem with the Hopper or not.

DISH Employee

Thanks for reaching out to us with this information, MargaretUtils. Have you tried to unpair the remote from the Joey, and then re-pair it to see if that fixes the issue?

Bridge
Camera Crew
Dear JessicaM, I can tell you unpairing and re-pairing does not fix this issue. This was the first thing I was told to try when I reported the problem almost a year ago. Nor does changing batteries in the remotes, getting new remotes, unplugging and replugging all the equipment, resetting the network settings, or replacing the Hopper. These are all things I have been told to try yet the problem remains. If you are interested in helping us, please review the entire thread which explains the issue in depth and work with your colleagues to get the software engineers to try to diagnose the issue. Now that there is proof that the issue is widespread, your customers deserve as much.

DISH Employee

Thank you for the information, Bridge. I do apologize for the inconvenience of this. We currently don't have a timeline on when this will be fixed. Our Engineering Team is still researching the issue to get a resolution. In order to provide the best possible customer experience, feedback is absolutely necessary.

MargaretUtils, will you send me a Private Message with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code to add your account to the report, please?

Here are the steps for sending a Private Message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

sf3
Extra

I just switched on Monday from Direct TV to Dish and have already experience the same issue, so much that it led me to look for a solution.  I found this thread and can't believe they have known about the issue for so long and still have no fix.  Makes me wish I hadn't changed services.