Dish 52.0 remote will not rewind fast forward or pause.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish 52.0 remote will not rewind fast forward or pause.

bmoll
Extra

I have a hopper and three joeys. The joey remotes have stopped working with regards to rewind, fast forward, and pause.  It starts to rewind, then immediately jumps to live tv.  Same for pause.  It briefly pauses then jumps to live tv.  It says limit reached when I try to rewind.  I tried unpairing and repairing the remote with no luck.

10 Replies

Re: Dish 52.0 remote will not rewind fast forward or pause.

DISH Employee

bmoll, We have seen some similar reports of such. We do want to make sure we are submitting all valuable information to your Engineer Team pertaining to this. By chance, have you have any issues with the Hopper itself, such as any error messages when setting a timer, accessing the DVR or trying to pause Live TV at the Hopper? 

bmoll
Extra

No problems with the hopper.  The joeys have started behaving again, so it may have been a transient glitch.

DISH Employee

Let us know if the issue reoccurs. We want to ensure we're doing what we can for you to enjoy your services without any glitches. 

Susied
Character Actor

Mine does the same thing. Resetting the Joey doesn't fix it, however, resetting the hopper3 does. It will happen again. My Joey started randomly freezing up since 1:00 this morning. It seems to happen only when I use the remote. But, it has reset 15 times so I'm wondering if the Joey may be going out?

DISH Employee

Susied, this is certainly not normal behavior for the the Joey. Let's see what's causing this; is this the first day the Joey has been resetting on it's own? Where is it plugged into- wall outlet or power strip? 

Frogandadog
Extra
I was just experiencing this for the first time. I reset the network in the settings and it’s seems to be functioning normally again. Go to menu - settings - internet - reset network. Good luck!

Jrausch
Extra
Ok so I am having the exact same issues as just described with the pause, rewind, fast forward, error messages and dvr. So what should I do? Do I just need a new remote as ours was previously connected to a Joey and repaired to our hopper?
Highlighted

DISH Employee

We hate to hear that you've been experiencing some issues with your remote, Jrausch! We would be more than happy to take a look into this with you. Will you please send us a Private Message so we can take a deeper look into this with you?

NatAll
Character Actor
I just tried this, but it didn't work for me. Can't rewind or pause, when wanting to delete, the mouse or whatever it is jumps from one thing to another in the DVR list. Frustrating.
Tags (1)