Dish 322 can't enable TV2, only TV1 Primary shows

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish 322 can't enable TV2, only TV1 Primary shows

EdGerken
Extra
My problem is interesting and likely self-caused. It's a bit of a long story to give background.

About 2 years ago, Dish sent us a new 322 dual tuner receiver to upgrade our old 311 single tuner. While I have dual feedhorns from an earlier install, the second horn was not connected. When I switched over to the new 322 receiver, I apparently somehow disabled the TV2 secondary address as an option on the Sys Info screen. At the time, this didn't matter to us, but since then I've decided it would be nice to have two independent tuners, as it should have.

I have since connected the second feedhorn to the TV2 satellite input but there is no change.
Whatever I did during the initial installation, only TV1 shows a box where I can change the Primary address. The screen area is blank where the Secondary info and address box would normally show.

It behaves as if there is only one tuner, despite the proper feedhorn and antenna connections made for TV2. Also, the System Info One screen does not show any setting for TV2. Check Switch does show both Satellite Inputs as OK for both 110 and 119, DPP Twin.

I do have output from the TV2 RF connector on channel 60 but it always shows what TV1 is set to.

Resetting via the power button does not enable the TV2 tuner. There is never a blue power light to show TV2 is on, nor can I seem to activate it. Do I need to do a Factory Reset from the System Setup menu?

If I do the Factory Reset and that is successful at enabling the TV2 tuner, will I still be able to use a UHF remote for both TV1 and TV2?

I'm sure not seeing anything like my problem in several searches online or in the manuals. Thanks very much for any help or guidance!
-Ed
3 Replies

Re: Dish 322 can't enable TV2, only TV1 Primary shows

Chadt41411
Casting Director

If they sent it to replace a 311, it is likely a 311k which is a 322 receiver, with the second output disabled. They don't typically upgrade to a different line of receivers just for changing out receivers.

Tags (2)

EdGerken
Extra
Thanks Chad. That was my mixup. Going by the case and controls and available connections, it looks like a 322. But underneath the receiver and also in the info pages it does say 311K. Plus, the stick-on label on the rear that says TV2 is covered over by another, blank sticker.

So basically, I have a crippled 322. Which makes sense since we only have a Solo subscription. I guess I figured with the ports there, it should work. It arrived out of the blue, with no enclosed manual. So it's probably a refurbed unit. Looking for one, the 322 seemed to be what we had, so I downloaded that manual. And of course it talks all about having Dual Mode. I figured all I had to do was run the second feedhorn line and reap the profit.

But somewhat oddly, I do recall seeing the option for Dual TV1 and TV2 way back when we first got it and I set it up. And somewhere between doing that and speaking with the Dish phone rep to activate it, that option disappeared. Or my memory of all that is faulty.

Man, when I think of the hours I wasted trying to enable Dual Mode on three separate attempts, giving up each time. What you say explains all. Thanks for sparing me future frustration!
-Ed

Chadt41411
Casting Director
No problem. I get there frequently, especially after buying a new toy. I have also done that with a few of my older, but faithful pieces. Enjoy the free time you have now.