Disable voice remote/google assistant?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Disable voice remote/google assistant?

Genes33
Camera Crew
This does not work unless the google assistant has been fully connected to a google acount

Genes33
Camera Crew
From my research since this was done at dish there is no way to go back unless dish themselves remove it.

Genes33
Camera Crew
The problem you are facing is most people do not want to be forced to accept a set of terms of service that allow a company know for doing thing only to make them more money et the expense of the users. They are those whom welcome this change and there are quite a few that want nothing to do with it

shore
Audio Engineer

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Suggestions/Alexa-work-around-for-Google-assistant/m-p/26573

On another thread, for those who use the Alexa system, I found this which helped me reset my Alexa.  I am not sure if Dish will undo this again but when they forced us to take Google Assistant (or tried to), they disabled our Alexa choice which many of us were not only using, but signed a Dish Contract just so we could use this service.  It worked partially for me but not as well as it worked for the posted.

Tommb
Extra

I really hope Dish really is listening to the feedback.   The functionality of the new search is awful, and does not fit with the way most people would use a TV related search function.  Please allow us to revert back to the old voice capability.   I have a new contract, and am stuck with Dish for a while.  I won’t try to cancel because of this, but when it is time to renew I will certainly be looking at better options..

Jim-LA
Camera Crew

I’ve been looking into switching to another service that provides voice search. AT&T U-Verse has it, DirecTV has it, Xfinity (Comcast) has it, COX has it. Roku, Amazon Fire, TIVO, Apple TV, and other Smart TV devices have voice search. Samsung TV’s can use their Bixby app for voice search. There are many services that offer a good voice search capability without intruding into our privacy.  

Dish had provided a competing voice search, but has made us revert to a much more difficult to use, non-competitive, text-based search. The Google Assistant that was forced on us does not work and is not a substitute for the original voice search Dish had provided when I signed up for service. Perhaps it’s time to consider moving to a service that believes customer-experience is a priority?   

Let
Extra
I told it ‘I’ve had enough Google Assistant, turn yourself off.’

Ayannandrr
Extra
I know right. Mine doesn’t work anymore and dish basically told me too bad we are working on it and you will get it back when we figure out the issue. Well that suck for me.

Ayannandrr
Extra
If you do the update there is a chance your voice control feature will stop working, mine did and I was told others are having this issue as well and they are working on it. Mine hasn’t been working for two months so I wonder when it will be better

NESJumpman
Extra

just piling on because I too am not happy with the assistant - not not for legal/privacy reasons - for functional ones.

EG: try searching for a sport, like MLS Soccer... you get these semi-random result from google about teams and schedules. What I wanted to do was search the GUIDE for MLS soccer...

nope. impossible. could not find a word to trigger a guide search.

must type it in.

This has the stench of a team of people so enamored by using google that they could not fathom a reason why we would not want to use it... 

I will just say this: if I wanted to search the internet - MY HOPPER IS NOT THE FIRST PLACE I WOULD GO. NOR EXPECT.

If I want to searh the internets, I have: a phone, a laptop, maybe Alexa, maybe Google Voice pod-thing, a tablet, ...

terrible, terrible narrow-sighted decision on how this all works, IMO.