Disable voice remote/google assistant?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Disable voice remote/google assistant?

Feefee32
Camera Crew
Agree that it’s a ridiculously UNhelpful “upgrade”. Makes it harder not easier. I wish Dish would put the old voice remote back!

anne
Camera Crew

I agree with Suz.  I want to still be able to use voice control but do not want google assistant. It is not right that to opt out of google I have to then disable voice control. I hope this can be fixed. I pay for voice activated remote. We should have the option to keep it without having to connect to google assist.  While you say they take privacy concerns seriously, I don't believe that.

FREYJN
Character Actor

Rule one on software development, don't take features away from your clients, and never force them to take something they don't want like sleeze bag GOOGLE who sells your information to the highest bidder.

I'll be changing providors as a result of this fiasco on the part of DISH..

GPH1134
Audio Engineer

Criminal.  Dish Network reconfigured our equipment without notifying the customer.  At least I do not remember any contract change.  Anyone out there that has a lawyer that knows how to take on a huge company should take this matter to court.  My guess is that Dish Network sold our DISH contracts to that horrible company "Google" to use and gather our watching/searching data.  Sadly, I was FORCED to add Google ASSistant to my cell phone.

Someone made money on the change.  Sadly, our search feature is no longer useful which makes DirecTV look like the better choice again.  Why do these companies do everything out of their way to screww the customer?

Someone, no, wait, EVERYONE needs to contact the Better Business Bureau to file a formal complaint.

https://www.bbb.org/us/co/englewood/profile/cable-tv/dish-network-llc-0885-6370

BTW, I was out of town when this change happened and my wife was perplexed.  What happened to my search?  I thought she was having a brain aneurysm.  Nope, it was Dish.  Dish created a reason for me to apologise to my spouse.

How you doin?

Highlighted

Dishsince99
Camera Crew

This new google assistant only brings up you tube content.  I want to search for Dish content on my dark and channel package.  If I want to search YouTube I’ll go there on my computer, not my tv.  PLEASE BRING BACK THE ABILITY TO USE THE VOICE REMOTE LIKE IT WAS PRIOR TO THE ADDITION OF GOOGLE ASSISTANT.  THIS IS NOT AN UPGRADE!

Dishsince99
Camera Crew

No, don’t do it.  The update sucks.  I wish I could roll back

Dishsince99
Camera Crew

But....how do we search for dish content and dish channels?  Google assistant only provides web content.  I want to search my hopper not the internet.

Dishsince99
Camera Crew

How about “stop forcing Dish users to use Google assistant”. Now we can’t search for tv show the dish is airing all google assistant provide is YouTube content.  How do we search for tv shows? Did anyone at Dish test this before shoving it down our throats?  

hawk40
Extra

Google assistant that was forced onto Dish customers is just horrible.  The person(s) that made this decision should lose their job over this.  Today I was looking for the West Virginia football game, so I grabbed the remote, presssed the microphone button and said West Virginia, it brought up West Virginia State facts

Dish had something that was useful and worked, then ruined it

DISH Employee

As DISH continues to work on improving our Customers TV viewing experience, we thank you all for your feedback.