Disable voice remote/google assistant?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Disable voice remote/google assistant?

hogman
Costume Designer

That doesn't work.  If you say No Thanks you do not get the old voice search.

DISH Employee

@hogman As I stated on page 5...

"To reply to the many that have posted asking if you lose voice search if you do not agree to Googles terms of service.  That is correct, if you choose the disable voice option you will have access to text search, but you will lose access to voice search. "

To go further, there is no longer a voice search option through the remote other than Google Assistant Voice.  The only exception is users of the Spanish UI.  Since Google Assistant Voice cannot interpret Spanish commands at this time that version of the UI still uses legacy voice.

Please bear in mind the Spanish commands issue is considered to be temporary by Dish and we are working to convert that version of the UI to Google Assistant Voice as well.

hogman
Costume Designer

So not only did you make a lot of your English speakers ticked off on the change you're gonna take it further and tick off the Spanish speakers also.  Dish apparently doesn't care about what their customers want.  I hope the company goes belly up as any company should that doesn't serve their customers well.

DubVee
Character Actor

So for now, I can learn to speak Spanish and have my old voice remote back?

Just say no to Google Assistant.  I'm calling support back.

@Jason_C wrote:

@hogman As I stated on page 5...

"To reply to the many that have posted asking if you lose voice search if you do not agree to Googles terms of service.  That is correct, if you choose the disable voice option you will have access to text search, but you will lose access to voice search. "

To go further, there is no longer a voice search option through the remote other than Google Assistant Voice.  The only exception is users of the Spanish UI.  Since Google Assistant Voice cannot interpret Spanish commands at this time that version of the UI still uses legacy voice.

Please bear in mind the Spanish commands issue is considered to be temporary by Dish and we are working to convert that version of the UI to Google Assistant Voice as well.

Highlighted

rangerbear
Costume Designer

I wonder if anyone in Dish's upper management is reading these comments or if they are just leaving Jason to spout the standard company line.  Granted it is not his fault.  He is just doing what he gets paid to do.  But someone from Dish's upper management (CE0)  needs to get a clue that this was an unpopular move.  He or she should be serving their customers needs first, not their corporate partners.  Yes money talks, but when people start walking away from Dish than maybe the lost revenues will talk even louder. 

And to those who are saying that it can't be rolled back, it just means that the user can't roll it back.  The company could roll it back if it wanted to.

Goldsmith
Camera Crew
I AGREE. I don't want to be forced to use Google Assistant either. I miss being able to use the voice remote as originally intended. We are paying good money and shouldn't be FORCED to participate in something we didn't want in the first place!

Goldsmith
Camera Crew
I CHOOSE to not want to have to participate with the Google assistant feature. I was fine with the old way. It was more direct and relavent. I don't have an issue with being connected to the internet, but I want the OPTION to participate in the features I want. Even my phone and computer give the option to use the assistant withOUT losing the basic functionality of Google. PLEASE make it OPTIONAL without losing the voice remote functions.

flex342
Costume Designer

Total BS! I agree. So mad!

flex342
Costume Designer

Total bull**bleep**. They dont give a crap about privacy. You are a fool.

flex342
Costume Designer

Who needs a map when I'm on my couch? Weather? I look outside. So dumb. Put voice back the way it used to be. Forcing us to use google assistant. Bull**bleep**!