Deleting Recordings

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Recordings

operator1
Extra
I just signed up last week with Dish, I'm a former other sat customer. So far loving the Hopper 3 but still learning all the features. If the reliability is good this is a great setup. I have not been able to figure out how to completely delete to gain disk space.

When I delete recording why is it the % of disk space remains the same or in some cases is less? I delete my Prime Time shows and delete them from trash but there is no change in disk space. Am I missing something?

Any advice is appreciated.
3 Replies

Re: Deleting Recordings

Chadt41411
Casting Director
operator1 wrote:
I just signed up last week with Dish, I'm a former other sat customer. So far loving the Hopper 3 but still learning all the features. If the reliability is good this is a great setup. I have been able to figure out how to completely delete to gain disk space.

When I delete recording why is it the % of disk space remains the same or in some cases is less? I delete my Prime Time shows and delete them from trash but there is no change in disk space. Am I missing something?

Any advice is appreciated.

Prime time anytime uses a partition on the Harddrive, not for the customers own stuff, so you will not see the percentage go up or down.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Also when you start recording non Primetime items, you'll see the % start to decrease. I'm at 56% now. Down from 58%.

olds4422
Audio Engineer
i ignore the % shown on the hopper 3 I find it be wrong most the time, I some times go bed with same exactly recording and nothing in trash will say 23% wake up next day is 25% when nothing was recorded and or deleted in the trash in that time, hell some times the % will go down when nothing was recorded and or deleted in the trash in that time. I transfer my godzilla movie collection to hopper 3 and back to eternal drive few times. those 25 movies when first transferred took up "7"%, but when I put them back to eternal drive it only reclaimed "3"% each time I did this the % used on Hopper3 was different and each time transferred it back to external drive the % reclaimed on hopper3 was different , IF it was accurate the % used and reclaimed would be same each time. I liked it better when they use GB/TB left for space left. Also Hopper 3 only has about1.68tb usable by user rest of it split to other functions

I have since pulled most my stuff off the hopper 3 due to recording acting wierd last few months and I think it getting ready do something stupid and take all the recording with it.