Dead remote warranty?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead remote warranty?

ThomasW
Camera Crew

Is there a warranty on the remote for the Hopper 3? We just got Hopper 3's about 7-8 months ago and a remote seems to have died already.  It just seems to not be functioning properly. It sort of lights up when a button is pressed or when you move it, but not for as long as it originally did. None of the buttons seem to make the satellite receiver do anything and some times the remote completely stops responding at all. I have tried unpairing it and re-pairing it and that doesn't help. I pulled the batteries for an hour and put new ones in but still nothing. I also tried the holding the sat button down to unprogram it but the indicators never all light up holding the sat button. Strange thing is, pressing the pause button makes the sat, tv and aux all light up on the top of the remote.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dead remote warranty?

ThomasW
Camera Crew

CalebS got a hold of me in DM and took care of it. He said they are warranted for a year and we did have the service plan also, so no cost. Thanks for the suggestions!

5 Replies

Chadt4141
Production Manager
If you have the protection plan, a replacement is no cost. If you do not, you may have to purchase a new one for $20, or it may be covered, and all you need to pay is the shipping and handling of $15.

ThomasW
Camera Crew

We do have some protection plan on our accont atm. You would think Dish would warranty the remotes for free for at least 1yr. Most electronics have at least a 1yr warranty.

Is there some one on this forum that can help us with that or should we call one of the dreaded 800 numbers?? Smiley Tongue

Chadt4141
Production Manager
If you have a protection plan, you should be covered. The fastest way to get assistance is Private Message Dish on their Facebook page. That will usually get you a pretty fast response.
Highlighted

gdisarray
Audio Engineer

It is their equipment.  Why should I have to pay for it?

LOL

ThomasW
Camera Crew

CalebS got a hold of me in DM and took care of it. He said they are warranted for a year and we did have the service plan also, so no cost. Thanks for the suggestions!