cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Daily reset time

Jazzmin60185
Extra
I have reset the daily reset time to 1 am and the inactivity to 4 hours, but the hopper continues to reset and update at 4 pm everyday, while I am watching tv. I have reset it multiple times, it has not fixed. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a solution??? I am also having a problem with the joeys where it cannot connect to the hopper or any tuner, when there is no one else using the tv. There is nothing I can do to fix that either. Is there anyone else having this problem? There is no error code for this problem.. thank y’all so much for reading this and helping. Have a wonderful day.
15 Replies

Re: Daily reset time

DISH Employee

Hey there Jazzin60185, how long have you been noticing this issue? Can you think of anything that may have changed since it was last working properly? Have you changed any of the connections or moved the equipment?

Crowell111
Extra

I am having the same issue and it’s driving me insane. Mine wants to update at some point between 7-8 am. I have changed nothing because the settings indicate it should happen at 3 am, however, I moved from West coast to east coast. I’m not watching before 7 am, so if it is trying at 6 am, which would be 3 on west coast then it would be working, but in the wrong time zone. I cannot find a way to fix this. I’ve tried changing it to midnight and that didn’t work.

DISH Employee

Crowell111, what is the model of the receiver that you have? You can find this information on the front of the receiver in the corner. It will say "Hopper 3" or "VIP722K", etc. 

Crowell111
Extra

Hopper 3

DISH Employee

Thank you Crowell111. Our engineers have been requesting some additional information about this specific issue and I would like to give them your feedback. Could you please send me a Private Message including the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so I may access your information?

peggyrh
Associate Producer

My wireless joey just started updating again at 1am even though time set on H3 is set for 4am, it's a recent change since last software update & is NOT supposed to be happening.  

DISH Employee

Peggy can you send me a private message with the phone number and 4 digit security code on your account so I can forward this to our engineers?

RichS
Extra

I'm having the same problem. The hopper ignores it's settings and resets in the middle of the day wiping out attempts to record and interrupting our viewing if we have stepped out of the room when the dialog pops up. I's a known software issue that is over two months old. I'm going to demand some money back each month until this is remedied. I recommend anyone else faced with this needless aggravation do the same.

DISH Employee

Were there any timers scheduled (skipped or not) during the chosen reset time? To check this, press the DVR button then go to "Schedule" at the top of the screen and scroll through to the hour that update is set for.