DVR

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR

15161G
Character Actor
I am having a problem with My DVR hopper. I select programs to record from the guide, the DVR shows them as recorded, but there is nothing there. When I click on the program shown in the DVR list, then select watch, nothing in on the screen except a black screen.

I have tried reset, hard reset, unplugging, nothing works. This doesn't happen all the time, but about once or twice a week. Last night, I had 3 programs selected, one recorded, and two did not.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated before I have to find another provider.
7 Replies

Re: DVR

This is the only known issue that we have that is similar to this:

when watching specific channel or recording of that channel, unresponsive black screen and reboot.

Have you seen any error messages or anything show? What happens when you run a check switch test? Do all satellites show they are OK?
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

15161G
Character Actor
No error messages. I don't know how to do a check switch test.

What is the software version on your Hopper?
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

15161G
Character Actor
ver U224. I ran all the tests in the diagnostics, all green.

wvricky2
Costume Designer
Hi, 15161G. I, and many others, such as stile99, are having the same issue. I have only had this replacement Hopper 36 days. I sometimes wish I had kept the old Hopper, even though it would randomly and inopportunely reboot and reacquire signal, interrupting recordings and causing a 2 - 3 minute loss of programming on both "live" TV and recordings that were in progress. This replacement Hopper initially updated to Software Version U220 on December 8th when first connected. And it worked almost flawlessly up until the U224 Software update. And then the same issue you are having, blank screens on programmed recordings, became an epidemic. It is still happening at a rate of almost half of the time. So if I record 8 programs a day, I am lucky if 4 record properly. You are not alone, but, collectively, we as a group, sometimes feel we are just being ignored. We are paying for the privilege to record, but we are not receiving adequate service. Hopefully, there will be a satisfactory solution. Luckily, I am not restricted or restrained by a contract. I am under no obligation to remain with Dish. But if one is contractually bound by the fear of penalties and fees if cancelling is desired, then that is something that must be considered. Thank you.

15161G
Character Actor
I'm on a 2 year contract, but not afraid to challenge it. If they are not providing the service I pay for, then they are in breach. I've been down this road before, and was successful. If you bought anything else, and it didn't work as advertised, would you be expected to pay for it?

wvricky2
Costume Designer
Hi,15161G. You are absolutely right. One should get what want one pays to receive. I, too, have had disputes with both DIRECTV and DISH. And, in both cases, contracts were being used to attempt to keep me in line. But, my persistence in both instances, resulted in both DIRECTV and DISH agreeing to waive the contract fees and penalties. I do not know if my points were just that good, or my at times harsh, obstinate, and fiery counter - attacks turned the tide. Thank You.