DVR still not working.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR still not working.

conniedivin
Character Actor
Our DVR stopped working towards the end of February and it still isn't working. Timers aren't recording and we can't record anything manually either. It seemed like others have had this problem, is there something we need to do to get it fixed or are they still working on it?
9 Replies

Re: DVR still not working.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Have you done a factory reset on the DVR?
Which DVR do you have? Hopper3?
What software version is currently loaded?

I recommend that you phone contact DISH support to get immediate help on this. If it's not been working then something needs to be fixed or replaced if a factory reset doesn't help resolve this.

xfoneguy50
Audio Engineer
conniedivin wrote:
Our DVR stopped working towards the end of February and it still isn't working. Timers aren't recording and we can't record anything manually either. It seemed like others have had this problem, is there something we need to do to get it fixed or are they still working on it?

Does that mean you have tried re-creating any of your existing timers? I ended up having to do that along with using the "Partial Reset" option in Diagnostics......

conniedivin
Character Actor
e38BimmerFN wrote:
Have you done a factory reset on the DVR?
Which DVR do you have? Hopper3?
What software version is currently loaded?

I recommend that you phone contact DISH support to get immediate help on this. If it's not been working then something needs to be fixed or replaced if a factory reset doesn't help resolve this.

What all do you lose when you do a factory reset?

conniedivin
Character Actor
xfoneguy50 wrote:
conniedivin wrote:

Does that mean you have tried re-creating any of your existing timers? I ended up having to do that along with using the "Partial Reset" option in Diagnostics......

At first, that worked and now nothing will record at all ever and no timers will set. I'm not sure what partial reset is but I will see if I can find it. Thank you.

home > home > home > tools > reset to factory > PARTIAL reset.

How are you unable to set recordings? Does an error message show?
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

conniedivin
Character Actor
Matt G wrote:

It says "Timer Creation Failed/ Timer creation failed, please try back later." in a dialog box.

conniedivin wrote:
Matt G wrote:

It says "Timer Creation Failed/ Timer creation failed, please try back later." in a dialog box.

Do you have an EHD connected to the receiver? If yes, please disconnect this and try again.

conniedivin
Character Actor
Matt G wrote:
conniedivin wrote:
Matt G wrote:

Do you have an EHD connected to the receiver? If yes, please disconnect this and try again.

There is nothing attached, there has been an external hard drive attached but it has been detached for a long time. Can you tell me what happens with a factory reset? Do we lose all our saved recordings and our times? If so, is there a way to avoid that?

conniedivin wrote:
There is nothing attached, there has been an external hard drive attached but it has been detached for a long time. Can you tell me what happens with a factory reset? Do we lose all our saved recordings and our times? If so, is there a way to avoid that?

You will want to do the PARTIAL reset. Timers and recordings are not effected. You will have to go through ther install wizard once this is complete.