DVR skipping recording

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR skipping recording

I chatted with Dish on 10/16/17 about a problem I have with recording one show in the daytime. I just started having this problem on 10/16/17. I have it set for new programs and it doesn't show up in the daily recordings. Dish said they were looking in to the problem. I was wondering if there was any kind of fix for this problem. Just got a vip 722 and all I have had is problems.
3 Replies

Re: DVR skipping recording

logdog
Audio Engineer
There are several threads on this issue. "DVR going wonky" is the latest. Dish has been looking into this problem for about 7 months now and still no fix.

Mdeaneva
Extra
I wasted an hour on the phones with support, no fix. The real problem is dish would rather cover up than inform and save us the time and frustration

I have a similar problem with my HPRSLNG.  I have a timer set for Deadliest Catch on Tuesdays.  I use the DVR to record only new shows.  Tuesday night is a busy TV night I have several shows that I watch.  The DVR has to record three of them for me.  Since the DVR can't record all of them at once I select Deadliest Catch to be skipped.  I then check to see that the DVR picked it up at the 11:00pm showing so I won't miss the episode.

That works great for one week.  The next week I find that the show was not recorded at all.  I look for the timer and scan for the next event and I get No events scheduled.  After checking the guide I find that the next new episode is in the guide, labeled as new yet the DVR is not set to record it.

In order to fix it I delete the old timer and set a new one.  Come Tuesday night I have to skip it, then it records the later airing.  Timer again wo'nt record beyond that.

I could set the timer to record reruns but then I spend a lot of time cleaning up the DVR and also causes conflicts on other nights.

I never had this problem before the resent software update.

I have chatted online and on the phone about this problem.  I was once told that it was a known issue that they were working on, but it still has not been fixed.  This has gone on for at least 19 weeks during the latest season of Deadliest Catch.

This my occur on other channels as well I just don't have any other conflicts than on Tuesday night to test this on.