DVR scheduling problem on a Hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR scheduling problem on a Hopper 3

ronpol
Extra
I'm having a problem scheduling a program to record using the search command. I can search for a program and set it to record with no problem but if that program plays across multiple channels I can't EDIT the channel that I want to record from. It either sets it to a specific channel or sets it to record from all channels. This becomes a problem with the OTA tuner as it only has 1 active tuner in it. So lets say a program is set to record that plays on dish channel #50 and OTA channel #12 and its recording off of channel #12 you can't watch another OTA channel while its recording. There has to be a way to edit the channel to record from but I can't seem to find it.
Thanks for your help,
Ron
3 Replies

Re: DVR scheduling problem on a Hopper 3

scotar
Audio Engineer
Easiest thing is to find the program in the guide on the channel you want. Then create the timer from there.

I do agree that it is easiest to find the show through the guide and set up the recording that way. Be sure the guide is on ALL CHANNELS if it does not show for some reason
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

ronpol
Extra
I figured that out yesterday and changed the channels I wanted to record. It just seems that there should be a way to EDIT the channel it records from. This wouldn't be a problem if it didn't pick the 1 tuner OTA receiver.
Ron