DVR recordings show that they've been partially watched

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR recordings show that they've been partially watched

ron92646
Extra
My wife told me of this situation a few weeks ago where some recording that she knew that she (or me) have never started, showed that it had been partially watched. I kind of thought that maybe she was mistaken, but she reminded me again and said she saw it again, so I called Dish support and they suggested I change my password and PIN which I did. Fast forward to tonight, and I went to watch a recording that just recorded about an hour ago and I went to the DVR recordings, picked the folder (it's a daily recording) and it showed 50% watched. Does anyone know what's going on? I worry about that someone hacked my password and is watching my recording and has access to free dish via their computer.
5 Replies

Re: DVR recordings show that they've been partially watched

tommyy2
Audio Engineer
Been seeing the exact same problem for months.

AggieJustin
Costume Designer
Same here. Episodes that I know were not viewed (even live) will show 40-90% viewed.

ron92646
Extra
Just saw a notification when I went to watch a DVR show of where do I want to continue watching... Living Room or Remote Viewing. I hope this is a software glitch and not someone getting free Dish viewing.

DISH Employee
ron92646 wrote:
Just saw a notification when I went to watch a DVR show of where do I want to continue watching... Living Room or Remote Viewing. I hope this is a software glitch and not someone getting free Dish viewing.

As a DISH employee, I've seen the same thing. And I'm the only one using my Hopper. Sometimes it's fine, other times it gives the option to resume or start over. Nobody has been using my account. Has anyone noticed a pattern? A certain channel, show or time? PTAT or all channels?

olds4422
Audio Engineer
i think the old bug where after recording is done recording, it internal "plays" the recording is randomly happen again,

Cause I seeing instance where there play "icon" on dvr I not watching and no one else is watching cause no one is home.

and even IF i play the recording and stop it. I cant delete it till I reset the hopper. other wise the play "icon" will stay on that dvr indefinitely and that record wont be able to delete till hopper 3 is reset

Which when this happens it show it been played too, but i seen recording show they have been played and watch with out the above happening, but when no one watched it.