DVR recordings randomly stopping

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR recordings randomly stopping

allenfamdish
Extra

On some of the recordings on the DVR, as we are watching them it will randomly stop as if we have finished the program. Even if there is still over thrity minutes left on the recording. In order to watch the program we have to restart the recording and then fast forward to the last part we were at. Sometimes it will continue and finish out the recording and other times it takes a few times restarting it to work. Does anyone have any ideas on what this might be or how to fix it?

Tags (3)
5 Replies

Re: DVR recordings randomly stopping

DISH Employee

allenfamdish, Having to go back and find where you left off is never fun. Have we tried to Hard Reset the receiver by unplugging it for 10 seconds then connecting it back to the wall outlet? 

If that still did not work, may you please press;

-House button 3 times

-Down to Status on the left

-Check Status on the right 

-Verify what box 'D' shows 

spoiler1041
Extra
Ever solve this?

DISH Employee

Are you experiencing this same issue, spoiler1041? We would be happy to assist you with it.

spoiler1041
Extra
Yes, and have done all normal crap, unplug, check hard drive etc.

DISH Employee

HI Spoiler, My apologies for the delayed response. I am sorry to hear that you are having ongoing issues with you DVR. I'd be happy to take a look into this for you. Please send me your phone number, and security pin in a private message so that I may access your account.