DVR recording shows as rental

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR recording shows as rental

Helen
Character Actor

I set DVR to record an upcoming  show on a channel which is one of my subscribed channels.  It shows up on the DVR menue as a "rental"   What's up with that?

So far, I am underwhelmed with the Hopper. Wish I had never upgraded.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: DVR recording shows as rental

Chadt4141
Casting Director

When you say that it shows up as a rental, are you sure you’re not selecting the on demand version of the show?

4 Replies

Chadt4141
Casting Director

When you say that it shows up as a rental, are you sure you’re not selecting the on demand version of the show?

Helen
Character Actor

I'm not sure.. I'm old and technically challanged. Smiley Happy

Example:  Today is Thursday. There is a program on Tuesday that I won't be home to see when it is aired.  I press Guide, scroll to the program, press "Record This" Then if I go to Home--Menu--DVR--Recordings it may show up tomorrow under Rental

Speaking of On Demand ...... is watching a series program that has already aired considered an On Demand program and therefore it incurs a charge?  

The Dish video on 103 is of no help.

Chadt4141
Casting Director

On demand is only the stuff from the channel folders in on demand. If it is something you recorded, it should appear in the recordings area... if you subscribe to the channel, and it says “rented” but doesn’t have a fee on it, it is free.

Major Havoc
Visual Engineer

So there is what I consider to be a bug in the screen that displays at the end of a recorded episode. If I record a series, but the show is also available On Demand, THAT screen shows the next episode as on demand. The recoded shows is also there, but that can be confusing. I never use that DVR scree that pops up at the end of show. It is always more confusing than it needs to be. Could this be what he is seeing and getting confused?