We switched to Dish s few weeks ago and have had consistent issues that techs over the phone have not been able to address.
1. Our DVR is set to record shows and on the scheduled screen it appears the show will record, but never does. This has happened at least five times this week.
2. The On Demand guide is frequently wrong. For example the TV show "guestbook" may have the correct episode number and description, but when we go to play that episode it plays the previous episode while the most recent is unavailable.
3. There is significant volume fluctuation when going from a TV show to commercial, commercial-to-commercial, and between channels.
I've spent several hours on the phone with tech support and have gotten nowhere, with some answers bring "that's just how it is."
3) "That's just how it is" is the only answer you will EVER get...from anyone. Have you not watched TV before? This has been a documented issue since at least the 70s, with actual attempts by Congress to solve it that the broadcasters always find a way around. It's not a Dish issue, and Dish has no control over it.
2) Again, "that's just how it is" is the accurate answer. Each channel has their own rules as to when the most recent episode of any given program will be available on demand, and within a specific channel, even different shows may have different rules. If TBS doesn't make the latest episode of The Guest Book available for a week, then it won't be available for a week. Again, not a Dish issue and Dish has no control, or even the slightest influence over it. With this specific example given, I've noticed this specific show has really crappy episode titles, like "Episode Two" and "Episode Four", which they air out of order but didn't rename, so Episode Four is actually Episode Three. That's on TBS's end, Dish doesn't name the episodes...can't even blame Rovi for this one.
1) What shows? What does the schedule say after the time of the recording? (You can go back a couple days and see why a show was or wasn't recorded). In the timer for the shows that aren't recording, what are the timer settings, specifically regarding new or new/reruns, and how many episodes are kept?
2. It's not the naming of shows by TBS that's wrong. We've seen multiple times where the description is for the most recent episode, but when we try to play it a previous episode plays.
1. With recording, the schedule will look as if the show will record, but it won't. When we look back at the schedule there is a line through it showing it didn't record and we can't figure out why. Usually, there are no other shows recording at the same time. The timer is set to record only new shows and 20 episodes, of which hasn't been met. So far the issue has occurred on Bravo and TBS that we've noticed.