DVR is recording the wrong show

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR is recording the wrong show

Major Havoc
Audio Engineer
I have seen this happen quite a few times now, and mostly on ABC, and always on a Prime Time Anytime recording.

I pick a series I want to keep that is also recorded as a PTA show. The unit is supposed to transfer the recording to my saved programs so it can still be watched long after it disappears from PTA. What I am seeing is the show that is moved ends up being the last minute or so of the show I wanted, and 1 hour of the show that followed the one I wanted.

My recording prefs are set to start 1 minute early and end 3 minutes late, only new, no folder, keep 10 events.

At first I thought that maybe this was because a special or some other programming moved the scheduled recording on that day, but it is happening quite a lot lately.

For example, I set to record "Once Upon A Time" on ABC from 8 PM to 9 PM. I was planning on a binge watch of these shows, going back to Season 6, episode 6 through episode 11. The unit failed to record episode 8 all together, and episode 6, 7, and 9 all were recorded incorrectly (only the last min of the show) while 10, and 11 were fine.

Other programs have done this as well. The problem seems to exist only on Prime Time Anytime shows.

Is this a known problem? Let me know if I can give any more info. Thank you
6 Replies

Re: DVR is recording the wrong show

DISH Employee
Thanks for the details as to what is happening and what I need to do is get your phone number to add this to the report. This is an issue we're working to get resolved and if you can provide me the following in a PM I can get you added;

Receiver # -
Smart Card # -
Hardware ID -
Software Version -
include the exact show name, episode number, time recording was set to be recorded, and channel number -

Thanks

Major Havoc
Audio Engineer
Mike H. wrote:
Thanks for the details as to what is happening and what I need to do is get your phone number to add this to the report. This is an issue we're working to get resolved and if you can provide me the following in a PM I can get you added;

Receiver # -
Smart Card # -
Hardware ID -
Software Version -
include the exact show name, episode number, time recording was set to be recorded, and channel number -

Thanks

Hi Mike. I am away on vacating until the 23rd, so I do not have access to this info right now. I can get all the info but the exact show name and episode until it happens again. I do not recall that info as needed.

Cheers,
-Owen-

Major Havoc
Audio Engineer
[quote:64u98ir3]
Hi Mike. I am away on vacating until the 23rd, so I do not have access to this info right now. I can get all the info but the exact show name and episode until it happens again. I do not recall that info as needed.

Cheers,
-Owen-[/quote:64u98ir3]

Hi Mike, tried to send you a PM and it is stuck in the PM outbox now and I cannot tell if you got it or not. How do I get a message stuck in the outbox to actually send?
-Owen-

peggyrh
Associate Producer
It will stay in outbox till read. Look at Mike's schedule for his work hours, won't be back till Sunday.

Major Havoc
Audio Engineer
peggyrh wrote:
It will stay in outbox till read. Look at Mike's schedule for his work hours, won't be back till Sunday.

Thanks Peggy.

Had no idea how that worked. Good to know, even if it does break all UI rules for messages and mail. SIGH! :D

Major Havoc
Audio Engineer
Hello Dish. Any progress on this problem. I am still getting many of my PrimeTime AnyTime recordings recorded at the wrong time or only recording part of the show. It has happened with EVERY episode of Designated Survivor (KGO 007-00), including all recordings in April and May. It is also happening with Grey's Anatomy (KGO 007-00), almost all shows recorded in April (I have not tried May recordings yet.)

But basically, this is making my DVR worthless as it does not record the show to watch later.

Can we get someone on this problem please?