DVR groups folder full

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR groups folder full

beebopnbill
Extra
I was sent a new DVR (VP722k) about 6 months ago. When I got it, the groups folder was full of gobblygook (numbers, symbols, shapes, even what seems to be foreign language letters) that could not be deleted and could not be added to. I called customer service and was told there were a couple of hundred people with this problem and "Dish is working on it". I called one more time, and emailed customer service and continue to get the same answer. I think 6 months is long enough to wait for a solution. I'm paying for this service but not getting it. Since the problem seems to have been programmed into the dvr before it was sent to me, why can't you send me one without this problem? Dish brags about it's customer satisfaction and great customer service. I'm not feeling it.
2 Replies

Re: DVR groups folder full

DISH Employee
I do understand your feelings. However, this is a known issue. Our Tech Ops team will prioritize fixes based on the feedback they receive. In order to provide the best possible customer experience, feedback is absolutely necessary. By reporting the issues, our engineering team and Technical Operations team can work together to find the correct resolution. Specific reports like this really help to resolve the problem as quickly as possible, so thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Any further replacement will not resolved this issue.

I am happy to review your account to a different model of receiver, like our the Hopper system, if you are interested. Please visit our website at http://www.dish.com/hopper .

Please private message your account/phone and 4 digit PIN for a quote.

Re: DVR groups folder full

BrentSwann
Extra
[quote:q6p2hpdu]I was sent a new DVR (VP722k) about 6 months ago. When I got it, the groups folder was full of gobblygook (numbers, symbols, shapes, even what seems to be foreign language letters) that could not be deleted and could not be added to. I called customer service and was told there were a couple of hundred people with this problem and "Dish is working on it". I called one more time, and emailed customer service and continue to get the same answer. I think 6 months is long enough to wait for a solution. I'm paying for this service but not getting it. Since the problem seems to have been programmed into the dvr before it was sent to me, why can't you send me one without this problem? Dish brags about it's customer satisfaction and great customer service. I'm not feeling it.
beebopnbill
[/quote:q6p2hpdu]

beebopnbill, I have this exact situation. And I have gone through exactly what you have described here. Dish's solution is always the same, "Forget about the service we sold you. You need to upgrade to the Hopper which is much more expensive". I am starting to believe this is there goal by not repairing the service they sold us. My phone service is already with AT&T. Maybe it's time to try out DirectTV.