DVR glitches

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR glitches

tmwalthour
Extra

A few months ago I spoke to Tech Support about my DVR.  I have the Hopper w/Sling.  All of my DVR recordings had disappeared but it was showing that the DVR was 100% full.  In reality, my DVR was approximately 35% full.  The woman I spoke to had me do a partial reset which did not fix the problem.  She then had me unplug the receiver and plug back in.  Once it had reset, my DVR was back to normal.  I had my recordings back.  However, she stated that if this occurred again, it meant my hard drive had corrupted and I would need to to replace it.  The problem did occur again but I just did the hard reset which worked UNTIL a few weeks ago.  Now, no matter what I do, the DVR continues to say 100% full and all my recordings are gone.  I spoke with Customer Service tonight and was told that it sounded as if it was a known software issue and that the Engineers are working on it.  I asked how long this issue had been going on and she stated over a year.  She stated that the previous person I spoke to had misinformed me. 

My question is this:  is there anything I can do to fix this problem or is it as she said "a software problem"?

Sidenote: I have two receivers in my home.  Only ONE of them is having this problem.  

5 Replies

Re: DVR glitches

DISH Employee

Hello, tmwalthour. I hate to see that you had this experience with our technical support. We try to make the process for receiving technical help consistent and easy. We do have a software issue where the storage percent is not actually accurate. However, this bug should not be making your recordings completely disappear. I would be happy to look into this and find out what is going on. Are you seeing any other error messages or anything like that, excluding the percentage being at 100%? 

tmwalthour
Extra

Thank you for replying.  No I do not see any error messages.  Just the DVR 100% full and ALL of my recordings have disappeared.  Also, I can't record anything.  All of my timers have disappeared as well.

DISH Employee

Lets make sure that the hard drive is okay! To ensure we provided you with the correct steps, does your receiver say Hopper on the front or something like 722K?

tmwalthour
Extra

It is a hopper, however, it is now showing me a hard drive error 311.  It says "An issue has been detected that may affect your ability to record or pause live TV.  Unplugging the power cord of your receiver for one minute and re=plugging may resove the issue.  If you continue to see this message, please contact Technical Support.  Reference:  521"

DISH Employee

This would definitely cause your DVR issues and we would want to send out a replacement. To access your account, would you please