DVR Recording Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR Recording Issues

Wallybunker
Camera Crew

I have a Hopper 3. For the two weeks, I have watched Live PD on A&E. Because the show ends at midnight, I would like to see the end of the show as I go to bed before it ends. On both occasions I have pushed the select button on the remote and the screen notifies me that it is recording. However, the next day there is no recording of about the 

ast hour of the show. I have done the same thing on other channels with no problem. I don’t understand why it will not record. Any ideas?

Tags (2)
7 Replies

Re: DVR Recording Issues

DISH Employee

Hi Wallybunker. When you set the recording initially, are you setting it from Live TV or do you open the event in your guide?

I am having the same issue, but I set the timers from the guide. It shows in the scheduLe that it recorded but it didn’t and every thing shows recorded by living room one. Getting tired of this issue.

DISH Employee

Hi Rocking69sims. When this happens are you missing the whole recording or just a portion of it?

CARHASTINGS
Extra
I'm having a similar situation. I have a Hopper with Sling, though currently it's the only DVR in the house.
I've noticed it seems to happen on Saturday's show, after Friday's show records correctly! I set up the timer from a search for the program. Tonight it recorded from 9:00 to 9:37, then didn't record from 9:37 to midnight. I noticed the error at 1:30am Since the show repeats from midnight to 3:00am, I tried to record it again from the live show. It responded with a message that it's already recorded! So, I can either erase the first 37 minutes recorded, and then record the current 1.5 hour repeat of the show, or I can keep the 37 minutes, and not be able to record and watch the last 1.5 hours of the repeat program. Either way, I can't get the entire show! It's my favorite program, and I'm getting ticked off! (*NOTE: Would this happen if the guide hadn't completed downloading? When my husband turned the TV on tonight I noticed the guide had downloaded 38%, but it allowed him to watch TV)
**I'm sure it's a separate issue but: several times lately we've set up a new timer for other programs, and assigned the new timer a priority number. Everything looks fine as we finish. However, if I go back afterwards and look at the timers, it has kicked Live PD out of the number 1 priority position and puts it in a random priority position such as #15, #37, etc! Like I said, it's my favorite program, and this is NUTS!
Tags (1)

DISH Employee

CARHASTINGS, this definitely sounds a little frustrating. I want to look into this further. Did the recording show that it recorded 3 hours, or do you see that it only recorded 37 minutes? In addition to this, you are able to set up the timer for it to record again. It will give you an message stating it was already set and a grayed out; however, if you scroll over to the timer, press the select button, you will see a pop-down menu with "Restore". You would click on "Restore" and the timer would switch back to red indicating the timer is set to record. 

The guide download wouldn't interfere with the timer unless it showed 9:30-midnight with "No Information Available". But it is not common. 

Also, you mentioned the priority is not saving when you set up a timer through the search option. Can you go back to the DVR menu, delete that timer, then set it back up through the guide? Once you have done this, change the priority? I have seen an issue where you set up a timer through the search, it may not save the changes you have done to that specific timer. Let me know if this helps.  

CARHASTINGS
Extra

ChristinaW:  Thanks so much for your assistance!  I wasn't aware that there was a way to restore the ability to record a program, that is valuable info!  I will definitely try setting up the timer from the guide, too....to see if that makes a difference with the timer randomly changing priority. 

Now.... I have new (CRAZY) information, regarding this situation!  Smiley LOL
I went into the DVR recordings, selected my folder, then the "Live PD" recordings.  As you can see from the photo, it showed 37 minutes recorded. I watched 35 minutes of it, (because it went to commercials), and in the yellow bar that shows how much program is left, it showed 2 minutes.  See photo here:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/18SUEYKLfKHBEyJV-q4a4kjJNfxaEjlJ6/view?usp=sharing

This morning, my husband decided to watch the program in question. He was unaware of the issues I was having with it, and didn't notice that it had only recorded 37 minutes.  He watched the full 37 minutes.  The program stopped at this point, then the screen appeared stating "playback complete."  Since he knows the program should be 3 hours long, he pushed "select" on the episode in the red box.... which is the recording in question.   (He did NOT use the "start over" option) Here's where it gets crazy!  From THIS location, the 3 hour episode was recorded....and he watched the entire program!  See the photo here: 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BqKePMl-5K41YGR5albeHcRcZp-19H48/view?usp=sharing 

I'm glad it DID record the entire program... but that is a very convoluted way to get to it!  LOL

DISH Employee

That's so strange! I want to go ahead and submit feedback on this, carhastings. Please send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN so I can get this submitted!

You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039