DVR Recording Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR Recording Issues

JimJoanKelly
Extra

Wife uses/ records/ watches on TV 1 . . . Husband use/ records/ watches on TV 2.   DVR has tendency to switch recordings from TV 1 to TV 2 and visa versa, thus showing TV2 programming on TV1 and visa versa.  Attempts to stop recording are ineffective thus making both TV useless when it comes to live viewing during the recording phase.  We have tried setting one timer to begin recording +1 minute early without success.  Any suggestions?

3 Replies

Re: DVR Recording Issues

What is your receiver model?  What are your settings in menu > preferences > record plus, if you have that option?

---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

JimJoanKelly
Extra

Matt -

We called DISH a couple of days ago and they talked us through some of the things we should look at . . . Sorry, it didn't work. 

This evening we both sat down to watch our favorite shows, she on TV1 in the living room and I in the office on TV2.   Recording schedule indicated she was going to be recording her show on TV1 and I would record my show on TV2.  At the magic hour, her show was on TV2 and my show switched to TV1.   We then have to scramble to switch programming which sometimes "freezes" our control over both TVs.  We even tried to start her programming +1 (7:59 PM)and set a -1 delay (8:01 PM) for my program, again without luck.

You asked about model, etc:

Model              VIP 722

Record Plus

Activation        Enabled

Record Preference     TV1 

To have your shows record at TV1 or TV2 you will want to disable Record Plus.  After, delete the existing timers and recreate them at the TV that you wish them to record on.  This will record the event at said TV so long as the tuner is free

---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator