DVR Playback problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR Playback problems

rnye62
Extra

I have two hoppers in my home.  When I watch shows on the main hopper things work normally.  When I attempt to watch a show recorded on hopper 2 from hopper 1, the playback controls dont work properly.  The pause button registers, shows the icon on the screen and the show halts -- for about 2 seconds, then resumes playing while still showing it is paused.  The jump back and rewind buttons both show properly on the screen when pressed, but in reality the show skips forward.  The ship forward, and fast forward buttons work fine.  I have reset each of the hoppers with NO impact.  I chatted with online support and explained the symptoms to them.  Their response?  Give it a couple of weeks and see if it is still happening. 

31 Replies

Re: DVR Playback problems

redlite
Costume Designer

This is due to the software upgrade U243. I have the same problem on my 2 Hoppers. Was told just wait until the next upgrade. Been happening since April 10. On my Joey’s, I have to pair them with the Hopper the show is on or it shows wrong.

DISH Employee

I'm showing there are multiple reports of this issue. It has been sent to our engineering team and they are working on a fix for a future update. No eta when that will go live at this time. Accessing the content on the Hopper it was recorded on should still work properly.

BARTA
Extra

I have the same problem. Pause doesn't pause,and fast forwarding shows about 20 minutes worth of commercials during normal 4 minute breaks. Back  in 10 second increments eventually moves it forward. What good is having a DVR if you can't watch it?

Same here. I just hung up the phone with technical support. They just placed an order for a new remote. While I know the remote isn't the issue, I grew tired and frustrated after repeating the said issues for 30 minutes. I hope they resolve this issue soon because it's very annoying.

nyrobbie
Extra

Same problem here. All was fine then I can no longer Fast Foward/Rewind on either remote Hopper from the Hopper I amd using. each Hopper works fine when using either DVR or Live shows from the Hopper I am using, but neither works when I try the same functions from the remote Hopper. I understand this may be due to a recent "upgrade: on April 10, which is about the time I started having these issues. Hopefully the new upgrade will restore the functions I have previously.

rjromero10
Extra

I also have the same problem. Really annoying, I hope it's fixed soon.

It’s been nearly two months, I’m having the same issue. When is this going to be fixed?

DISH Employee

Hello, Paintedpretty33. I completely understand that this issue has been occurring for a while and it's been super frustrating. Our Engineering team is still working on a fix for this problem. It doesn't look like we have an exact date scheduled for the fix yet. We do want to thank you all for your patience as we work towards resolving this.  

Seymour721
Extra
Very frustrated with this. Wish Dish would get on this ASAP and fix it.