DVR Playback problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DVR Playback problems

Aprilp
Extra

Software Version. U703 is awful!  Now I have issues with channels not changing once selected, the screen freezing and definitely not being able to play anything recorded.  Extremely frustrated!

DISH Employee

Hey, Aprilp! I hate to hear you've been having these problems since the update. I'd like to ask you a few questions to make sure we're working toward the correct resolution for this. 

When the screen freezes, does it unfreeze on its own, or do you have to reset the receiver?

What happens when you try to play a recording?

Have you tried unplugging the Hopper receiver, for about 10 seconds to do a hard reset, and see if that fixes this?

ajyoung
Camera Crew

I still have problems after the upgrade. It might or might not delete a program from the other Hopper.

Secondly I do not want to waste my time with tech support but my Hoppers have lost and cannot find any WIFI connection.

I have rebooted the system and I go into diagnostics and network and it says there is not router available, not even for my neighbors.  What gives?

DISH Employee

Ajyoung, I hate to hear that you are still experiencing this issue. We definitely want to get this resolved. Can you please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so that I can access your account? Here is the link on how to send a Private Message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

ajyoung
Camera Crew

For some reason the problem with WIFI connection solved  itself. I was able to find the potential connections and I was able to connect. Remember, at first it said no connections were available.

As far as the other problem...

When I try  to stop or delete a recording from Hopper 2 when I  am on Hopper 1 and vice-versa, it will not let me do that. I have to change the channel to close the recording.

What is with that?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

A.Y.

Highlighted

DISH Employee

Ajyoung, that's great to hear that your WIFI issue was resolved!

Just to clarify, are your Hoppers in the original location that the tech installed them at? The power cords are securely plugged into the electrical outlet and intact and unfrayed? Do you receive any error messages when you try to access a recording from Hopper 2 on Hopper 1 or vice-versa?

Bridge
Costume Designer
It’s unfortunate that Dish’s quality control for software releases has gotten so poor. It’s mind boggling the amount of issues being reported and the frequency of “our engineering team is working on it” with months going by with no fix. DISH - stop releasing buggy software! I’d much rather go back to the old 2010 technology without all the “bells and whistles” but with standard functions like pause, play and skip which worked.

I have had a pause button which randoming skips forward for the last 9 months and DVR programs which resume 20 seconds ahead of where you last watched. Is anyone else having these problems?

farrell556
Camera Crew

I am having problems with Joey playback. Rew, FWD, and pause all not responding normal, jumping through show to end. Any updates>

DISH Employee

farrell556, what software version is your Joey on? Is this only happening at the Joey, or the Hopper as well?

farrell556
Camera Crew

It is the Super Joey only
Sotware version U396 2/2/2019 
Boot strap version 1012
LinkQuality Strong