DVR Playback problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DVR Playback problems

Dish- what are you going to do to make this right for your customers? This is a service we are paying for. If we fail to pay our bill, you turn off our service. I believe everyone who’s had this issue needs to be reimbursed for those fees, at least partially. This has been going on for months now.
Highlighted

DISH Employee

Hello, Paintedpretty33. We understand this has been a very stressful issue. Due to the nature of known issues and how much research does goes into them. There wouldn't be a credit available for them. However, I would be happy to review your account to see if there is a promotion available.  Can you send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN please? 

Here are the steps to sending a private message: 

Sign in to the community.
Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
Click Compose New Message.
Enter the recipient's name (CalebS) in the Send to area.
Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
Click Send Message.

tfehler
Extra
Same here and I have tried everything. Very frustrating

tfehler
Extra
How will we know when this is ready and working?

Coder15
Extra

I have also been having this issue for over a year.  There should be some compensation for this not working for as long as it has been.  You have been selling a service that doesn't work.

VPALLARI
Extra

I have been seeing this same issue for a couple of months now and just started researching it.  2 hoppers and 1 joey.  when watching anything on the local device its fine, but if i try and watch something from a remote device (watching hopper 1 from hopper 2 or hopper 2 from joey) I have this issue.  All action buttons fast forward.  for example, if i hit rewind it fastforwards.  if i hit pause it fast forwards. Is the solution to to just call 1-800-DirectTV??

DISH Employee

Can you press the Menu button twice on your remotes at the Hopper and Joeys and tell us the software versions listed on the screen? If you don't have a Menu button, press the Home button 3 times. 

Coder15
Extra

My software version is U249.  I'm still having this issue.

Coder15
Extra

I just forced an update to U703 and it seems (need more time to completly check) to be functioning correctly now.  Still would like to hear about how Dish will compensate for us having this issue for at least a year if not two.  Also why did I have to force the software upgrade on both my hoppers.

DISH Employee

Coder15, it is great to hear that the software version U703 resolved this known issue for you. I will be delighted to share this information with our Engineering Team so we can get this resolved for everyone affected.