DVR Group disappears

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR Group disappears

ceicher
Character Actor
We had a Group recording of Blue Bloods. Still appears to be 34 + hours of HD DVR time available and 220 hours of SD time (where Bloodbloods was) and it seems the entire group disappeared along with several of the shows. Would there be any reason for that? We did have some good storms last night but can't see that being an issue as other groupings are still there.
Tags (2)
8 Replies

Re: DVR Group disappears

DISH Employee
Were the shows in the top priority of recordings to save? Did you see any type of error message or a corrupted recording message?

ceicher
Character Actor
I had already watched the shows and "protected" them. They were in a group and the group just disappeared. Other older shows, were still there in their respective groups.

ceicher
Character Actor
I am kinda wondering if the wife might have watched one of the shows and somehow when she went to delete that one show, she was actually on the group folder.

To add, I really wonder the reasoning for "protect". It does not seem to be any issue in deleting the show the normal way as if it wasn't protected. Seems like there would be an additional step to remove it or am I just not understanding the purpose of it?

stile99
Cinematographer
ceicher wrote:
I am kinda wondering if the wife might have watched one of the shows and somehow when she went to delete that one show, she was actually on the group folder.

To add, I really wonder the reasoning for "protect". It does not seem to be any issue in deleting the show the normal way as if it wasn't protected. Seems like there would be an additional step to remove it or am I just not understanding the purpose of it?

Are they in the trash folder?

As I understand it, 'protect' doesn't stop YOU from deleting it, it stops it from being autodeleted. Under what circumstances, I do not know...if you protect something but have it set to only keep 5 copies, which setting wins when a 6th recording comes along?

ceicher
Character Actor
Trash Folder??!! :shock:

Don't recall seeing anything like that.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Only Hoppers have trash folders where you can undelete recordings, old dvr's have different software.

ceicher
Character Actor
Ok, no Hopper here. Oh well, they will do repeats or we will catch them on another channel that runs Blue Bloods.

DISH Employee
The Protect on the duo HD DVR's is what is considered a soft protect. The way it works is if/when the DVR gets full it will not remove the protected recordings. It will not protect if a person decides to delete them manually. Might you be interested in upgrading to the Hopper system to get more DVR storage and many other features?