Did you mean: 

Re: DVR Going Wonky

stile99
Cinematographer
tommyy2 wrote:
stile99 wrote:
tommyy2 wrote:
is this grounds for a class action?

You gave up your rights to a class action a year or two back.

How so?

[url:3t6s1zja]https://www.dish.com/service-agreements/[/url:3t6s1zja]

Section 3 of your contract, which spans pages one and two, the last paragraph of the section (which is on page two) says it in all caps. For more info, it directions you to section 12 which is on pages 9-11. 12A says, again in all caps, that you agree to waive the right to participate in a class action. 12G is a paragraph explicitly discussing class actions, yet again using all caps, that you agree you are not entitled to join or consolidate claims.

If this is news to you, that tells me you did not opt out when given the opportunity.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Also, in that same service agreement, software and features are not guaranteed. I would strongly recommend reading the service agreement to know what you actually subscribe to.

tommyy2
Cinematographer
Chadt4141 wrote:
Also, in that same service agreement, software and features are not guaranteed. I would strongly recommend reading the service agreement to know what you actually subscribe to.

Does this mean if I sign the contract and one month later a Dish Update turns my Hopper into a Brick I'm required to keep paying every month till the end of the contract even if it never works right again and I'd have no legal recourse. Not after 6 months, not after 12 months, not till after the 24 month contract is completed.

Even if they are not doing that now does the contract give them the right to start doing that anytime they want to.

Makes me wonder if I'll ever sign another contract with Dish Again.

olds4422
Audio Engineer
I been told by phone rep that today april 27th that "may 5th" is the eta on the guide issue being fixed. take this with huge grain of salt,

I am geting tired to have to make new timer ever week to record something that already has timer of the SAME NAME yet the timer dont see the programing,

And now those new timers that are crated are randomly not seeing what was scheduled to be record too.

Every day I have to go threw the schedule to see what isnt be record when should be and have to manual make timer, and every day there is bunch timers working. that just my timers, the other timer created by other people, not with standing

barryl
Extra
It appears that the recordings that the timer has missed, deleted, and/or generally screwed up have been limited to my local channels. I will often try to playback a show that has been recorded on a weekly basis, only to find that there is no recording at all. The screen shows a 1 hour show, but when I try to play it back - nothing. I've even extended recording times on those days when you know a show will run late - still nothing. Calling tech service wasn't helpful at all. It often seems they know much less about the dvr than I do. With all the issues I've identified with the Hopper 3 since last summer, Dish should at least provide me with free service. Between techs in the house and on the phone, there have been dozens of hours spent by me trying to explain the problem. I'm still waiting to hear back from Dr Dish. In the meantime, customer service needs to understand that every problem can't be resolved with a hard rest of the machine.

peggyrh
Casting Director
Read the topic(s) about guide issues, it's not the DVR.

As of now supposed to be "fixed" in 2 weeks.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer

longtimecust1995
Camera Crew
barryl wrote:
It appears that the recordings that the timer has missed, deleted, and/or generally screwed up have been limited to my local channels. I will often try to playback a show that has been recorded on a weekly basis, only to find that there is no recording at all. The screen shows a 1 hour show, but when I try to play it back - nothing. I've even extended recording times on those days when you know a show will run late - still nothing. Calling tech service wasn't helpful at all. It often seems they know much less about the dvr than I do. With all the issues I've identified with the Hopper 3 since last summer, Dish should at least provide me with free service. Between techs in the house and on the phone, there have been dozens of hours spent by me trying to explain the problem. I'm still waiting to hear back from Dr Dish. In the meantime, customer service needs to understand that every problem can't be resolved with a hard rest of the machine.

At first we thought it was only local channels as well, but then noticed other channels were affected as well.

JRTStarlight
Costume Designer
While watching NETFLIX, apparently an autotune timer set to change channels really doesn't play well with the system. Or it gets hung up, or crashes. Maybe it would correct itself after a while, but I've been too impatient to find out and instead feel the need to go through a 5 minute RESET. It seems quicker.

To avoid it, I guess I should always stop watching NETFLIX on the Hopper when I know an autotune is about to happen.

Other than that, I don't have any real issue with the Hopper DVR timer system or NETFLIX.

JRTStarlight
Costume Designer
Arrggg. I set a timer to record the movie VIBES when available, and it's been on my list forever. It finally recorded it a while back and just now I tried to watch it, but apparently it didn't record the whole thing.

Whatever system software that decides when a movie is on and when it's over obviously isn't very reliable.