DVR Going Wonky

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR Going Wonky

kgm032
Camera Crew
For the past couple weeks Hopper DVR is making many mistakes. Skipping recordings, placing recordings in the wrong folder and if you hit the DVR button on the remote too fast in succession the box does a hard restart. Getting annoying, any known issues?
78 Replies

Re: DVR Going Wonky

VanessaK
Camera Crew
This is a known issue that our engineers are already aware of and are working on a fix. If you would like to provide your phone number and four digit security code, I would be more than happy to report you are also having the issue.

KevinFitz
Extra
Going wonky is an understatement. [b:2k9jjxk7] Here's some of the issues I've discovered with the new Hopper 3[/b:2k9jjxk7] (H3):
1. Cannot [b:2k9jjxk7]JOIN[/b:2k9jjxk7] a program on the JOEY from the H3. You get a blank screen and no sound. You can JOIN from the JOEY to the H3.
2. [b:2k9jjxk7]Watch live[/b:2k9jjxk7] is temperamental. Sometimes it works, sometimes the H3 flashes between two programs (alternately) for a few minutes.
3. [b:2k9jjxk7]No 4X fast forward[/b:2k9jjxk7]. Sometimes 15X is just too fast.
4. [b:2k9jjxk7]No Pause/Resume[/b:2k9jjxk7] on recordings in progress.
5. [b:2k9jjxk7]Watch Live[/b:2k9jjxk7] does not work from DRV screen for a recording in progress (probably related to #2).
6. Sometimes when viewing "CAST" screen the H3 says [b:2k9jjxk7]"please wait ... refresh in progress"[/b:2k9jjxk7] then jumps back to Live TV after a few seconds.
7. [b:2k9jjxk7]Cannot transfer programs from old hopper/sling to H3[/b:2k9jjxk7] using ethernet. Sees the H3, but no programs get transferred.
8. [b:2k9jjxk7]Manual timers do not work[/b:2k9jjxk7].
9. [b:2k9jjxk7]Regular timers sometimes don't record[/b:2k9jjxk7] (i.e., Try to record Good Morning America on the weekend - good luck. It will not record stating it was already recorded even though it is a NEW show. I mean come on. Every GMA show is a new show).
10. [b:2k9jjxk7]Turning on Joeys brings a new adventure every time[/b:2k9jjxk7]. Sometimes it's on the "DISH" channel, sometimes it's on the HOME screen, and sometimes nothing happens (no video/no sound). Occasionally it starts on the last channel it was viewing. Seems like it's a roll of the dice.

Some of these I've call in to Dish support. While I really like the H3 (and Dish Network in general) - I hope these kinds of issues get resolved quickly.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
#7 - if the old Hopper w/Sling is using the old software it cannot transfer by ethernet, you have to use an external hard drive. If your old HWS had the newer user interface it would be able to use ethernet.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Try using a Gb LAN switch between Joeys and Hopper and see if using LAN cable connection helps with Joey/ Hopper connections. Disconnect the RG6 cable and use CAT6 LAN cable and test. This works well for me.

kgm032
Camera Crew
I hope the developers fix this soon. Three weeks now the DVR has failed to record The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. If you check daily schedule it shows them as being recorded and completed but they are no where to be found in my folders. Of course it makes matters worse that The CW is not a on demand option to catch up. End up watching them on my tablet. Not my favorite choice. I had DTV for years and never had these kind of issues. My two year commitment is nearly up, making me think long and hard about my future provider choice.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Have you tried deleting/resetting those timers? All of mine have been working since I reset the ones that were malfunctioning (guide info is messing things up).

DISH Employee
The timeliness of resolution depends on what the issue is and the resolution needed. We cannot guarantee a time by which this issue will be resolved.

We know your time is valuable, so I do not want you to have to take the time for a Technician Visit or to set up a new receiver when these will not fix the issue.Issues like this are often caused by a software problem, which a technician or new receiver will not fix.

Known Issue submissions help us locate problems relating to software or channel broadcasting issues.

By reporting the issues, our engineering team and Technical Operations team can work together to find the correct resolution.

Specific reports like this really help to resolve the problem as quickly as possible, so thank you for bringing this to our attention.

JRTStarlight
Costume Designer
It's wonky, I guess.

I have Timer Recordings for Series set up, and they seem to be skipped at times. I notice the show's icon might change, or a generic icon for that channel may be shown instead of the show's normal icon. Maybe the system thinks this is a different series or something and therefore does not record it?

The Search function, also, seems to see some shows listed under a given title, but NOT all that the guide shows.

Anyway, I'm missing more and more episodes. Unless I carefully walk through the night's line up everyday on the guide and confirm everything I told it to record is in fact scheduled to be recorded, I might miss some episodes. That's wonky.

davebartell
Character Actor
Dish support are either imcompetent or are being instructed to lie. I've been given the same excuse - known issue. Missed 3 Chelsea - (English Premier League) matches because timers do not work - even after deleting all and restarting. Only manual record works.

Directv on order. I can abide with the occassional issue, but not over 30 days of broken DVR software and lies about it.