DVR Going Wonky

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DVR Going Wonky

JRTStarlight
Costume Designer

I'm pretty sure your most recent software update turned off my parental controls.  There was a movie in the rental folder I didn't order, and while my mother might push buttons or do things she oughtn't and doesn't fully understand many things, she shouldn't be able to order anything without the code, which she doesn't have.

They reimburshed me the movie price, though implied I did remotely order it so it's a huge one-time favor they're doing me.  But even asuming my mother did that, it never would have or could have happened if the parental controls weren't shut off, which normally takes a 4 digit code to accomplish, and only I have it, and I didn't turn them off.

So it was probably the software update.  Or something weird happened duing the free HBO weekend?

I only mention this here since I suspect EVERYONE who has parental controls turned on and got the recent software update should check them and see they are still turned on.  If not, reset them. 

RefRob
Character Actor

More than since this topic was started and the issues persist. I’ve only had my Hopper w/ Sling for about a month and it never worked quite right. At first, it wouldn’t access the tuners on my Super Joey. Now, with a new Super Joey in place, the Hopper keeps skipping timers. Looking at the schedule, it says “To be recorded by Living Room 1”, even though the start time already passed. Calling customer support does no good.. The solution is “unplug the unit for 10 seconds and plug it back in”. Why can’t a solution be found for an issue that is over a year old?

DISH Employee

This was a known issue for a while; are the timers that were not recording, original timers? Have you already deleted them and created new timers?

RefRob
Character Actor

I’ve only had my Hopper for a month or so. All timers are new timers. 

Highlighted

JRTStarlight
Costume Designer

There is always some issue.  I'm still miffed recorded items in the trash and in the No folder area can't be found and played - until you empty the trash - then it can be found and played.  It's inconvenient for a reason I won't get into.

And lately, I notice when I try to "restore" an item so it will record (like a repeat in a series I only have "new" selected to record, but I can click on it in the grid and restore it - well, they used to turn red right away, showing they were restored and would  be recorded.  Now they don't, unless I scroll away and then scroll back, like a refresh or an update.

There are always some bugs in the new software.  I just report them, even if they're minor, since some computer programmer at DISH would probably like to know, when and if they get around to debugging things.

scf944
Camera Crew
IT’S BEEN AN EFFING YEAR SINCE THAT POST AND THE ISSUE HAS NOT BEEN FIXED!!! SERIOUSLY??? I AM LOOKING AT MANY ALTERNATIVES TO DISH NETWORK AND HAVENT EVER CONSIDERED THAT IN THE PAST 10 YEARS OR MORE OF HAVING DISH NETWORK! ARRRRRRG!!!!

scf944
Camera Crew
YES!! IM IN!!!!!

DISH Employee

We would definitely hate to see you leave our Dish family and we would be delighted to see what options we have available to find a resolution to the technical issue you have been experiencing. When you say you are in, do you mean you are able to access your VOD content?

scf944
Camera Crew
No. None. Not on demand channel. DVR is not downloading to my 2 day ago replaced Hopper and Joeys. I tried the slink router added to my Viasat modem with built in router and that was a disaster. Finally got my internet rebooted and Dish status says it’s connected with good strength. I still can’t even get one VOD to open. Either error 76 or it just scans and scans then reverts back to Live TV. I’ve still got the issue with an intermittent loss of voice, sometimes loss of voice and picture George about 2-3 seconds.

scf944
Camera Crew
My “Yes I’m in” comment was in error about VOD. It was about the internet. Sorry. After about 4 hrs of working with it I felt punch drunk!